Fun Wedding Songs

Lounge By anoldhippy Updated 23 Oct 2006 , 2:07am by NEWTODECORATING

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 7

My daughter is getting married next Sat (OMG I can't believe its here already icon_cry.gif ). I am trying to make a CD for the girls to listen to while getting ready. I wanted it to be fun, silly, upbeat songs about weddings/getting married. I can only come up with 5: Love & Marriage, White Wedding, Chapel Of Love, Some Day My Prince Will Come, I'm Getting Married in the Morning (dont know which musical its from), the corny Elvis Hawaiian Wedding Song. I did google searches but it gives me the traditonal songs you play at receptions and ceremony. I figured since your all so creative at making cakes and designs, this should be right up your ally................. thumbs_up.gif Any Ideas?

6 replies
mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 7

I can't think of any you haven't mentioned that would be what you are looking for. The only other one I can think of is one by Alice Cooper called "Jessie Jane" about a trucker driving around in his sister's dress. It's funny but I don't think it's what you're looking for.

cakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerator Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 7

How about...
'Cherish' by Madonna.

'Beautiful Day' by U2.

and maybe 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun' by Cyndi Lauper? its more of a reception song but since it will be just the girls hanging out, getting your daughter prepared for her big day, i think it would be fun to listen to.

HTH

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 8:47pm
post #4 of 7

"I knew the bride when she used to rock and roll" That should get a few giggles. Click on the link, scroll to the second song by Knack and click on the left hand arrow to listen to the music.
http://music.msn.com/search/all/?ss=I+knew+the+bride+when+she+used+to+rock+and+roll

Or as you mentioned "Chapel of love" click the one by various artists.
http://music.msn.com/search/all/?ss=Chapel+Of+Love

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 12:34am
post #5 of 7

YOU ARE ALL THE BEST thumbs_up.gif Your not just great cake decorators your great friends too

hockeygirl658 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hockeygirl658 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 1:12am
post #6 of 7

Two more suggestions for you:

"White Wedding" by David Bowie --Just a great song to rock out to while getting ready

"Hawaiian Honeymoon" by Everclear. It is really cute. DH and I left our reception to that song.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 2:07am
post #7 of 7

Goin to the chapel and we're gonna get marr arr arr ied! LOL

Please marry me Bill. I love you so and I always will.

Meatloaf--Let me sleep on it! LOL LOL LOL

I can't think of the names ugggh I may not sleep tonight because of this!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%