Beach/flip Flops/luau Images

Decorating By traci Updated 28 Jul 2005 , 2:16am by traci

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 3:15am
post #1 of 23

Hi. I am doing a cake next weekend for a 9 year old girl. Her theme will be beach/luau. I was going to do a flip flop cake like the ones I have seen on this site. However, because it will be a large party...I have decided to do a sheet cake with an edible image on top. My first choice would be to find a really cute image of some flip flops. But any cute beach/luau image will work. Does anyone know of some good sites to check? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!! icon_smile.gif
traci

lisa had posted about a site where we could find many different images...but I forgot where! icon_redface.gif

22 replies
justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 3:35am
post #2 of 23

here is a link the flip flop cake is simple. If you have a child trace the shoe on a cardboard, cut out and then put on fondant to cut out.

the straps are fondant too, you can make a beach blanket put the flops next to it. You can use vanilla cream cookies to make sand. put in a food processor to make find crumb. put crumbs on cake, lay blanket on top with shoes next to and in the other corner you an ocean( lower right corner, tirangle shape - have the flops facing the ocean) hope this help

http://www.omascakekitchen.homestead.com/MostRecentCakes.html

traci Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 3:50am
post #3 of 23

Thanks leana...I have thought about doing it that way. But what I really need is a beach clipart that I can have made into an edible image. If I do not come across any...then I probably will do something like the picture on that link. Any other ideas are still welcome...PLEASE!!!! icon_biggrin.gif
traci

traci Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 8:02pm
post #4 of 23

I am still looking for ideas! Even a cute Hawaiian image would work too! Thanks!!!! icon_smile.gif
traci

DesignsbyD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsbyD Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 8:56pm
post #5 of 23

Traci

I did a search and found some clip art...hope this helps
Denise

http://dir.coolclips.com/Travel/Beaches/Beach_Scenes/rch and found some clip art....hope this helps

DesignsbyD Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 8:59pm
post #6 of 23

Traci

here is another one i found...I will try to look for a hawanian theme now
The last 2 were beach clip art

DesignsbyD Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 9:07pm
post #7 of 23
sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 9:12pm
post #8 of 23

I found this cake a few months ago, it will give you a few ideas for your cake, i just llove this cake
LL

DesignsbyD Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 9:17pm
post #9 of 23

http://www.andhawaii.com/hawaii/clipart/

This was another good link i found.....Good Luck and don't forget to post a picture...Denise

traci Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 9:25pm
post #10 of 23

Thank-you Denise and shielaattaway! I wonder what those flip flops are made out of??? Is that fondant....or some kind of foam??? Whatever it is...that is one cool cake!!! Thanks again! icon_smile.gif
traci

abbey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abbey Posted 17 Jul 2005 , 2:34am
post #11 of 23

I bet you could make those flip flops out of sugar
cookies!

traci Posted 17 Jul 2005 , 3:49am
post #12 of 23

That is a good idea...I was trying to think of a way to mold them out of candy melts...and even did an experiment on wax paper...but that didn't work!!! I wish there was some kind of shoe mold... and then I would really be in luck! icon_smile.gif Anyway...I guess I'll have to keep trying...I don't have to do it until next weekend.
traci

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 17 Jul 2005 , 3:53am
post #13 of 23

I realy liked the glass,full of icing i think it is made of chocolate.

traci Posted 17 Jul 2005 , 4:07am
post #14 of 23

I think that is one of the cutest beach cakes that I have seen! icon_razz.gif
traci

merry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
merry Posted 20 Jul 2005 , 3:28am
post #15 of 23

What an adorable beach cake........I just love it! Thank you for posting the photo.

merry

merry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
merry Posted 20 Jul 2005 , 3:29am
post #16 of 23

What an adorable beach cake........I just love it! Thank you for posting the photo.

merry

traci Posted 20 Jul 2005 , 4:02am
post #17 of 23

I decided how I am going to do the beach cake for this weekend. I found a cute flip flop clipart and am doing an edible image on top of a 1/2 sheet cake. I am going to mold the candy shells and use bright colors. I will post a pic soon! icon_smile.gif
traci

Mjmil7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mjmil7 Posted 20 Jul 2005 , 5:07am
post #18 of 23

Sounds really nice traci. I would love to see it once you're finished for future ideas for my daughter's birthday next year. Janice

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 21 Jul 2005 , 3:10am
post #19 of 23

This is probably too late now but when I was in Cayman Island I took a pic of my feet crossed (I was bare foot though) with the ocean behind my feet. Turned out to be a cool pic.

Thought it might be cool, if you live by water,beach or something, to photograph a pair of cool flip flops or a pair of the 9 yr old's flip flops w/your digital camera in water or on the sand or something like that. Then print that up and put it on the cake.

Just brain storming...............

bj icon_wink.gif

traci Posted 21 Jul 2005 , 3:16am
post #20 of 23

That is a great idea...unfortunately I do not live close to a beach! I went to Mexico last summer...but no pics like that. I found a cute flip flop clipart online and I am going to start making the cake in the morning. I will definitely keep your idea in mind for the next beach cake. That would be too cute!!! icon_smile.gif
traci

melodyangel1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyangel1978 Posted 21 Jul 2005 , 3:26am
post #21 of 23

The flip flops look like they are made of white chocolate, you could probably just spread some white choc on wax paper, let it cool then cut out the flip flop shape. That's how it looks like it was done to me anyways! thumbs_up.gif

traci Posted 22 Jul 2005 , 5:10am
post #22 of 23

I actually tried that...but I must have done something wrong because mine were not smooth like the ones in the picture! Anyway, I finally finished the cake...I think it turned out cute. I will post a picture in the next couple of days. I would still like to know how to make those flip flops though! icon_smile.gif
traci

traci Posted 28 Jul 2005 , 2:16am
post #23 of 23

Hi! I just wanted to thank everyone again for all the beach cake ideas! I just posted a picture of the flip flop cake in the gallery. It is an edible image on top of a sheet cake...it was easy and fun to do!
traci icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%