Feedback On Cake And Filling Suggestions

Decorating By crp7 Updated 18 Jul 2005 , 2:13am by Newbie

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 15 Jul 2005 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 8

Please look in my photos at the small practice cake I did trying out some ideas for an upcoming wedding. I would like your feedback/suggestions.

Also, the bride has requested lemon filling for one of the layers because it is a light and cooling flavor for summer. What would be another good filling for a hot Texas summer. The reception will be indoors so I don't have to worry about the cake melting but I am sure it will be close to
100 degrees that day!

Thanks in advance,
Cindy

7 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 15 Jul 2005 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 8

Your roses are beautiful!!! And the colors are so vibrant.. Just Beautiful!
I'm in Texas too... I dread outdoor parties.. I was nominated to put together a Sweet 16 outside. The first thing that came to mind was LOTS OF BOX FANS!!! LOL

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 3:25am
post #3 of 8

The practice cake looks great! Will you be using those colors...so bright and eye catching! I think the lemon filling is a great idea. I also like strawberry filling...and I do not think you could go wrong with raspberry or vanilla. How many tiers will you have? I think it is neat when bakers do different flavors and fillings for each tier. I am sure whatever you decide to do...the bride will love it! I hope that you will post a pic after you are done. Happy baking! icon_smile.gif
traci

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 3:36am
post #4 of 8

Thanks Traci and Briansbaker. This is my first wedding cake so I am excited and nervous both. It will be a 6, 10 and 14" with the bottom 2 layers stacked and the top on pillars.

I am planning to use these colors but try do some roses in various shades of yellow and pink along with periwinkle vine thingys. I am not sure what you would call what I put on the cake but I am pretty happy with how it turned out. LOL.

Cindy

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 4:33am
post #5 of 8

That sounds really nice! I am sure it will be gorgeous! icon_smile.gif
traci

Kajsa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kajsa Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 11:35am
post #6 of 8

It looks really nice! Lemon and raspberry is usually very appreciated along with vanilla (is the correct term custard?)
icon_smile.gif
Kajsa

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 2:05am
post #7 of 8

How about white chocolate mousse for a filling? It's delicious. 1 box white chocolate pudding and 1 pint heavy whipping cream. You can also try any other flavor of pudding, just don't use the sugar free...it's gross.

Newbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newbie Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 2:13am
post #8 of 8

I understand lemon curd is delicious and doesn't need refrigeration.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%