The walmart brand shortening icon_biggrin.gif

cakebam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebam Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 9:44pm
post #62 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibbies

I've never lined my pans with wax or parchment paper in the 26 years I've been a cake decorator, it just seems like extra work

I totally agree but it's not nearly as much work as rebaking your cake!

LOL!

No seriously I love to hear from those of you who do this, it totally inspires me. One day I'll try...

I always line my pans with wax paper. Just spray the pan -bottom and sides with non-stick cooking spray. I have never wad a problem. I don't know why your cake stuck like that.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 31 Aug 2007 , 10:17am
post #63 of 68

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I read this post one day late. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I am a sprayer , usually the kroger brand. Last night, I used crisco spray on a 16" round and it stuck. BAD. It could not be salvaged. I re-baked last night, however this morning I still need to bake the other 16" layer. You can bet I will line the bottom of my pan with parchment. Thanks.

kitterman12003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitterman12003 Posted 1 Sep 2007 , 10:17pm
post #64 of 68

i use butter on the bottom and sides of the pan. then i lay my wax paper paper down on the bottom. then i use a little more butter on the wax paper. after that, i put cake flour in the pan and give it a good coating. tap out the excess and viola! a beautiful non-stick pan ready for baking! thumbs_up.gif

carleen2140 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carleen2140 Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 5:23pm
post #65 of 68

I'm 67. Been baking at least 47 of those years. I was told to grease and flour the pans well. And that's all I ever done.

I did have one cake stick to a pan, and that was my own fault, I took the cake from the oven and ran out for what was suppose to be a few minutes and it turned into a few hours. Needless to say half the cake stayed in the pan when I turned it over. Someone told me I should of reheated it, to loosen and it would of been ok. Next time, I thought, I'll try that, but there never was a next time. Just grease and flour well, no wax paper, no parchment paper.
Carleen

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 9:11pm
post #66 of 68

OK I'm going to try it next time. Which of you owes me a new cake if it doesn't work out? LOL!! icon_biggrin.gif

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 2 Sep 2007 , 9:26pm
post #67 of 68

It's no trouble at all for my to trace my pans and then cut the parchment liners while the batter is mixing. I coat the sides and bottom edge with my own cake release then add the parchment. I hate doing the shortening and flour routine! Also for 38 years I've lined my loaf pans with waxed paper when I make banana bread and I never have any waxy residue on my bread.
I've always used one of the brand name waxed papers.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 1:23am
post #68 of 68

I use parchment paper in bottom of the pans and never grease the sides, or it makes the outer edges of your cake hard.......I love the spray also, it works nicely. Use good pans!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%