Price List

Business By Reesebaby1 Updated 21 Aug 2007 , 9:15pm by Reesebaby1

Reesebaby1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reesebaby1 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 5

I am just starting out and have been making cakes pretty dirt cheap but I am now starting to get more and more people wanting to order from me so I am looking at going into this all the way legal and all but I am having a hard time setting a price list, everyone tells me I am working for free can anyone give me a basic idea of what to charge.
Thanks
reesebaby1

4 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 5

If you go under the cake business forum, you'll find a price matrix. I use that as a starting point for my prices. It'll calculate the ingredients needed and you can set your hrly. rate. I really like it and as I said I use it as a basis for my prices.

I've not just started to figure out a decent, competitive price for my cakes.

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 5

Hi, I can tell you what I charge. If its a party cake I charge $1.50 per serving, reg buttercream icing with basic flowers and writing. If its a Wedding cake I charge $2 per serving reg buttercream,basic decorating. Now Fondant is another story.....I base the fondant cakes on the amount of fondant,how intricate the design,and how many servings. All my fondant cakes are priced specially. Hope this helps

Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 5

Well, you can research what local bakeries in your area charge, but remember that they also get their ingredients wholesale while you are still paying retail until you get legal. Many bakers here figure their costs (ingredients, boards, boxes, etc) and then multiply times 3. Just don't try to undercut or match the price of grocery stores/warehouse club cakes, the cakes you make are custom & one-of-a-kind, and therefore SHOULD cost more!

Reesebaby1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reesebaby1 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all for your help!!! Great advise! I apprediate it! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%