11X15 Sheet Pan, How Much Cake And How Long

Decorating By Wendoger Updated 20 Oct 2006 , 2:39pm by Wendoger

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 6

...so can I do 2 boxes of cake with the extender mix added for this size pan? How long @ what temp do I bake it for? I have a heating core...do/should I use it?
icon_wink.gif
Thanks!

5 replies
sandi64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandi64 Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 12:03am
post #2 of 6

Thats what I use...2 boxes and an extender with 3 flower nails evenly spaced.

LucyintheSky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LucyintheSky Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 2:08am
post #3 of 6

I baked one tonight at 325 for about 45 minutes. I only used one flower nail with mine and it seemed to work fine. Good luck!

Wendoger Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 2:59am
post #4 of 6

Man, first one took an hour and 20 minutes! The second one is in right now. I started it at an hour. I have never used this pan before and like an idiot I threw away the paper that came stuck to it with directions! I dont have any flower nails so I used the heating core and the first one turned out perfect.
Thanks for the input gals!!!
xoxo
wendy

luv2grdn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2grdn Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 3:36am
post #5 of 6

I did one tonight that size with the 3D recipe and 2 flower nails because that was all I had. I did it at 325 for 45 min or so probably. It looked great, then the middle kinda crashed down a bit...not terrible, but definately lower in the middle than edges rather than the other way around.

Wendoger Posted 20 Oct 2006 , 2:39pm
post #6 of 6

...so the second one took just about the same amount of time. Over an hour for sure. I used two boxed cakes with an extender for each. The cakes tastes awesome and they have cooked perfectly using the heating core. This was a good learing experience for me as I have never baked such a large diameter cake before!
Now I can assemble my casket! (or is it coffin?)
icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%