I'm Badly In Need Of Cake Help

Decorating By Jen1979 Updated 23 Aug 2007 , 2:53pm by delta95

Jen1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen1979 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 9

Ok, I have to make a Carebear cake on Wednesday. That's not my problem, I know exactly what I want to do. My problem is that I'm going to use my 3D stand up Pooh pan for the Carebear and I've lost the baking core for it. What can I do? Does it have to have it? AHHHHHH, help please. If I have to completely redesign the idea I have for the cake then I have to start now. Thanks!!!

8 replies
lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 2:46am
post #2 of 9

You can use a tomato paste can. It is just the right size.

LillyLou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LillyLou Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 3:22am
post #3 of 9

Cake Man Raven from Washington, D.C. (I think!) had a great idea of how he does his core. He used a traditional baking core, which you could substitute a tomato paste can as lilie suggested but he adds a bunch of foil covered pennies. He claims it helps the interior to bake completely. He just grabs a handful of pennies and wraps them in foil and shapes it into a log that will fit into the baking core. I haven't tried it yet but it seems to make sense. icon_biggrin.gif

lilie Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 3:33am
post #4 of 9

Great idea!!!!!

delta95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delta95 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 4:47am
post #5 of 9

I use an upside down flower nail in all my pans...works great!

Jen1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen1979 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 3:58pm
post #6 of 9

Everyone, thank you sooooo much for your ideas. I need to bake the cake today and was starting to panic. I think I'll try the can with the pennies.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 4:18pm
post #7 of 9

I think the flower nail would get lost in the 3-D bear pan, I'd stick with the can and pennies.

lilie Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 2:54am
post #8 of 9

I like the penny idea!

delta95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delta95 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 2:53pm
post #9 of 9

Actually, when you flip the cake....the top, round part of the nail is right there and pulls right out. I would think the can of pennies would all fall out into the cake when you pull it out of a 3D cake since the cake would likely be rising above the top of the can. Nail always has worked great for me IMO

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%