Where To Buy Cake Dummies??

Business By mthiberge Updated 6 Nov 2014 , 12:36pm by becky baker

littlebits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebits Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 1:11pm
post #31 of 43

I think I read on there somewhere that you have to call them to order the specialty shapes. They only take online orders for the standard shapes. There should be a 1-800 number on the page somewhere.

They should make it easier for us to get those shapes!! We want our pillows! icon_biggrin.gif
HTH

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 1:15pm
post #32 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebits

I think I read on there somewhere that you have to call them to order the specialty shapes. They only take online orders for the standard shapes. There should be a 1-800 number on the page somewhere.

They should make it easier for us to get those shapes!! We want our pillows! icon_biggrin.gif
HTH

Yeah Baby!! icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 2:42pm
post #33 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelas2babies

I recently ordered from Dallas-Foam, but I was slapped with over $20 worth of shipping on a $25 order. Plus, they didn't even tell me what my shipping charges were going to be until after I had confirmed and paid for my order. The good news is I have a ton of dummies, and I personally feel like one after spending all that money on shipping. icon_smile.gif Just my own personal experience. Angie

I used to manage two warehouses plus at another job, I was in charge of our international orders, so I am very familiar with how shipping works.

When you pay for shipping, you are paying for space or weight, whichever is greater. Styrofoam is very light but very bulky, so you are paying for the space. Here's why: Trucks will hold, let's say, 18,000 lbs of freight. Their rates are based on $x.xx per pound. But if you order a truckload of styrofoam, the weight will only be, let's say, 3,000 lbs. The trucking company can't add anymore freight to meet their overhead but you've knocked them out of 16,000 lbs of freight .... lost opportunity and they can't meet their overhead costs on that truckload of freight.

WHen I worked at the cremation-casket company, I would ship internationally. Basically I was shipping empty, light-weight boxes of air, so I always paid more for space than I did for weight.

So if you order anything that is lightweight (styrofoam, wicker, etc), the freight will seem disproportional but it's because of the weight/space ratio.

littlebits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebits Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 10:23pm
post #34 of 43

So I just ordered a bunch of dummies from dallas foam. I called to ask about a shipping quote and a price on the pillow shaped dummies. They directed me to the website for the shipping calculator. I added several dummies to my cart and then clicked on the calculate shipping. I changed my order several times and recalculated it over and over. When I finally decided, I paid. So I knew shippinng before paying. The pillow shapes you have to call and they'll add it to your on line order. It was really easy, the lady I spoke with was very nice and helpful. Shipping wasn't all that bad. I mean, yes it looks high at first glance, but it's not that bad. And I think indydebi's explination is very helpful to read. (I already knew about the shipping according to size verses weight, but she explains it all so well.) I think my foam came to about $40 and shipping was around 30. I got a ton of dummies too. I have really searched and I have found (like someone already said) that even with shipping their prices still beat everyone else. I checked at my local cake supply store and they are almost 3 times the cost. So just thought I 'd let you know my experience.

Oh and the pillows were only like $4 for a 10 inch size. And it's cheaper to ship to a commercial address than to a residential address, just FYI.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 12:02am
post #35 of 43

I love them. I order form them all the time!

BahaQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BahaQueen Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 10:31pm
post #36 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoraya 

Heres the place in PA. Great prices & fast service.
http://www.guildcraftfurniture.com/cake_dummies.html

You posted this on 5/2006 and it is still an absolutely AWESOME resource and wanted to say GRATITUDE 7/17/2013!  Love this community!icon_smile.gif

BahaQueen Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 4:42pm
post #37 of 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarflowers 

I sell cake dummies, but they are not styrofoam. They are the soft cake dummies. For fondant, they do not have to be beveled. They work very well with both Buttercream and Royal.

I do not have minimum orders and shipping runs an average of $10. This could be less or more depending on the number AND size of the dummies. I can also get the dummies in any height, but the minimum is 2" high and 4" across.

If you would like a special shape that is not normally found in dummies, you can send me an EXACT size template of what you would like and I will cut them for you.

All the information you need on pricing is on my web site, www.thesugarfix.com.

Michele

***Hello CC Family.  Just wanting you to know this website is not longer working.

BahaQueen Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 4:45pm
post #38 of 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by kisha311 

someone posted a link a while back to a place in PA that sells them and I can't find the link or the thread! I had it bookmarked in my favorites and have since changed computers!!!! I will try to find it though. The place was very reasonable on their prices and the shipping was WAY cheap.

I want to say it was actually a custom furniture store, but I can't remember. All I know is that the website had a blue background. icon_cry.gif

=====================

I am just looking to see if there are any new resources for Cake Dummies and came upon this old post from you.  I know years later replying to this but the one you were talking about here is http://guildcraftfurniture.com/

Happy Caking!

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 6:18pm
post #39 of 43

Taylor foam sells sets and individuals.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 6:43pm
post #40 of 43

I still like Dallas Foam.  Most all my cake dummies have come from them.

rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 9:55pm
post #41 of 43

Dallas Foam had some of the best prices I've seen.  You can order whatever size and shape you want, and how many you want.  I like that they make you buy full sets. I will be ordering more soon.

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 10:02pm
post #42 of 43

AIf you're in Canada, check out Golda's Kitchen. I buy my dummies there, prices look similar to Dallas foam but they are based in Ontario. Shipping isn't terribly bad

becky baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky baker Posted 6 Nov 2014 , 12:36pm
post #43 of 43

Got these guys for the UK if it helps hun x https://www.facebook.com/dummycakes?ref=hl. Don't know there web site but there meant to be really good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%