Im Confused? Please Help

Decorating By tnuty Updated 20 Aug 2007 , 6:10pm by aurasmom

tnuty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnuty Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 14

I just recieved a comment on my photo...I love comments as do we all. They really keep me going so when I get one I get all excited like a little kid to see what that someone thought.. good or bad ya know..But this one really threw me it said ..... "its a nice effort," thats it nothing else...what do you think that means? Like nice try, but not quite.. Maybe next time sweetheart. I dont get it, should I be offended? My gut is telling me I should be.. I think she is meaning to say close but no cigar..Its the white wedding cake in my photos I dont get it I thought it came out pretty good. Im kind of upset about this, I mean jeese...Am I reading this wrong?

13 replies
ivykate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivykate Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 14

Don't worry about it, your cake is stunning!!!

Brandonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandonsmommy Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:36pm
post #3 of 14

I wouldn't look into it at all.
icon_razz.gif
"I" for one think it's GREAT!! icon_lol.gif As far as the table. Maybe they put something on it after you left. I am sure the Bride loved it. I do (and would have if it were my cake!!)

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:38pm
post #4 of 14

Only the person who wrote it knows what she means. We can only speculate. PM her and ask her. Life is to short to obsess over it, go right to the source.

kiddoscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiddoscakes Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:39pm
post #5 of 14

I agree that is weird. I think your cake is great. but very odd to have "nice effort" especially after all the other comments.
Your cake is gorgeous, even without table decorations.

daisygurlvb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisygurlvb Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:39pm
post #6 of 14

I can't speak for someone else or try to understand anyone. SO, why don't you just pm that person? If they meant it as a "nice try but no cigar" maybe they could offer up some pointers.

After reading what you had put on the picture for a caption, I read it as "nice effor for your first try". I think the cake is nice, and definitely pretty darn good for a first try. I aspire to be able to do a wedding cake one day.

Keep up the good work. It's always nice to get constructive critissm, but realize there will be some people that don't always go about it the best way. Don't let it discourage you.

Kathrynsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathrynsgoodies Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:39pm
post #7 of 14

I think the cake looks great ! Your flowers on the top and sides are beautiful - are they real or made of fondant/gum paste? Keep your head up high - you did a great job !
Happy Baking icon_biggrin.gif

tasty_treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasty_treats Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:39pm
post #8 of 14

I don't know about what that person was thinking because your white wedding cake is gorgeous! Did you make the flowers too?

My only thought is that the person was going to write something else since there's a comma and not a period at the end of their statement. Maybe they got distracted and didn't finish?

I wouldn't be offended by it b/c your work says it all.... that you are an AMAZING cake decorator!!! (I loved your other photos too).

Horselady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Horselady Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:39pm
post #9 of 14

I wouldn't take it as harsh. There's a coma there, like she was going to say something else but got drug away....Maybe PM her if it really bothers you....

This is why I don't comment unless I'm "in love" because I don't want it to be taken wrong and hurt someone, even though i thought it was good/great....

evaruggiero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evaruggiero Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:41pm
post #10 of 14

I wouldn't worry so much, your cakes are absolutly great!

lilytexas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilytexas Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:42pm
post #11 of 14

For my understanding she means that for being your first wedding cake it became nice, and by saying "effort" she means thet even the table was not decorated the cake looks nice but probably would look better next time you decorate the table.

shannonann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonann Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:47pm
post #12 of 14

That cake is AWESOME! I only hope I can do something half that nice someday.

Shamitha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamitha Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:55pm
post #13 of 14

I've looked at your photos and I must say that you do great work. I especially like the first communion cake. Dont let it bother you, life's too short. ( HUGS)

aurasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aurasmom Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 6:10pm
post #14 of 14

It is just beautiful. I do love the calla lilies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%