Mm Fondant Roses Question

Decorating By empress Updated 15 Jul 2005 , 2:30am by empress

empress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
empress Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 4

I am designing my wedding cake for my Wilton Course III final and am planning on using MM fondant roses. I am slow at them, but feel I will speed up with practice. My instructor had never heard of MM fondant, but agreed that it tasted good when I gave her a peice to try. I thought the mm fondant was much easier to work with than the homemade recipe she gave us--and much easier and less expensive to make.

Anyway, tapedshut.gif I am wondering how far in advance I can make the roses for the cake? Do they harden completely, or just sort of firm up?? I have to plan pretty far in advance due to my work schedule. I am thinking of starting them the week before. Will this be ok?

Thanks for the help... icon_lol.gif

3 replies
wandy27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wandy27 Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 4

They won't harden completely they will firm up. The thinner you roll the fondant the better looking. You can work them a week in advance just store them in a plastic container.

Wandy

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 4

The mmf roses will get somewhat hard, but still edible. And you can make them ahead and they will be fine. Keep them dry and clean.

empress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
empress Posted 15 Jul 2005 , 2:30am
post #4 of 4

Thank you for the answers. I was hoping that I could start them early. Onward. I want to make a really different cake than the one in the book. I have sent for a lace border mold for the cake and will do fondant in them as well as the roses--oh, and a fondant bow on the top tier.

Lera icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%