Does Anyone Have The Wilton Cupcake 3-In-1 Caddy?

Decorating By SweetieShell Updated 18 Oct 2006 , 11:32pm by mamakau

SweetieShell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetieShell Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 7

Or one like it?

I've purchased this one, but since, I've seen another (not sure who makes it) that does a 24-cupcake (2 tier) carrier. Both retailed around $20.00.

I know that my Wilton has the capacity to carry 12 cupcakes or 24 minis, then without the insert, I can use for a 9x13 cake... but I'm not finding any info other than the 24 cupcake capacity on the other one.

Anyone else have any info/reviews they care to share?

6 replies
mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 8:52pm
post #2 of 7

I have the Wilton caddy and I like it for the most part, I do wish it would hold 2 doz cupcakes though. The caddy is handy because most of my character pans fit inside of it. Guess I wasn't much help...BUMP!

monizcel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monizcel Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 7

I have the 3 in 1 carrier and really like it. I would also like the 24 cupcake carrier because that would be extremely useful. I'm going to hope I get it as a Christmas present icon_smile.gif

If you have the option go for the 24 cupcake carrier, because I believe it can also hold the 9x13 cake as well. If it cannot hold a cake then the 3 in 1 is better.

SweetieShell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetieShell Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 7

thanks... I'll have to run back to the store where I saw the one that held 24 cupcakes. It was at a grocery store, oddly enough, w/the halloween decorations.

I ended up making 22 cupcakes. They don't necessarily have to be taken anywhere. But it would be helpful to have their own little places for them for traveling.

In the past, I've used the older Chillzene platter tray from Pampered Chef. It worked well enough, but didn't space them apart, therefore knocking into each other.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 11:13pm
post #5 of 7

I've seen the 2 layer one you are talking about, at Walmart. I didn't notice the price, but I know it isn't the Wilton brand. It looks cool though, and I might consider getting one. icon_smile.gif

I do have the Wilton 3 and 1 and it is nice. I only use it when I know it will be easy for me to get it back, and saves me time on covering a cake board. Other wise it is board and cake box for them.

I have heard rumor that Hobby Lobby is suppose to have a internet coupon for 50% off all Wilton next week. So you may want to hold off a week and see if they really do have one then you can get it for less money.

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 11:19pm
post #6 of 7

If you're looking for something to hold/transport your cupcakes, ask your grocer's bakery if they'll sell you their plastic 12 cupcake clear containers. That's what I did at our local Safeway, and at $.50 a piece, whether I got them back or not was worth it. These containers have deep cavities so the cupcakes can not move anywhere, and the lid is tall as well, so any decorations don't get smashed.

HTH!
Mirjana

mamakau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamakau Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 11:32pm
post #7 of 7

I have the 3 in 1 and love it. In fact it's on sale at joann.com for only 15.99 plus free shipping. I also have a coupon code for 50% off today (octe650) at joann.com. I saw that 24 cupcake holder at walmart also, and was only concerned because it looks like it will only work with a certain pan (a nonstick variety).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%