Idea For Cheerleading Cake

Decorating By Dannie Updated 15 Jul 2005 , 6:11pm by traci

Dannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dannie Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 1:25pm
post #1 of 9

My daughter is a member of a competitive cheerleading squad and her teams has won many Local and National titles. I've been the "cookie Mom" in the past, making horseshoe cookies with the girls' names on them, paw prints (Their mascot is the CATS) etc. Wanted to step it up a notch this year and try to make a really cool cake. I was thinking of trying to duplicte their last National Championship trophy but wasn't sure where to start. Any ideas?

8 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 9

I did a barbie doll in a icing outfit doing the splits on a cake.. I made pom-pom's with icing in her hands... the little girl I made it for was a cheerleader and loved it.. you could do this in her school colors and maybe do the school letters on the side of the cake or the paw prints.. Either would be really cute icon_smile.gif

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 9

you could use a couple of bowls to make two pom-pom cakes out of. As far as the trophy goes.... that would depend on what the trophy looks like, but it would probably involve some fondant. So you'll need to consider the amount of work you're willing to put into it.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 9

w00p! sorry didn't read the part about the trophy ... I gotta slow down and read better lol!

Dannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dannie Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 2:26pm
post #5 of 9

I'm looking for and ALL ideas as far as any cheerleading cake goes....got right now I've got NOTHIN'. I just thought a trophy wuld be cool, if it's possible. And as far as the amount of work....well, the girls spend hours upon hours upon days upon days at the gym, could a cake be harder than that???? So, the bigger the better to match their efforts!

naekramer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naekramer Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 2:30pm
post #6 of 9

Since they compete, how 'bout making stacked cakes representing the tiers that the winners stand on? Have their cake on the highest #1 platform with their trophy and school color pom-poms...

naekramer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naekramer Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 2:52pm
post #7 of 9

here's more thoughts: if you did the tiered cakes, on the other tiers of their cake, you could put their cheerleading outfit, their megaphone, their pennant...

Rookie68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rookie68 Posted 15 Jul 2005 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 9

Hi!

Here's one I did last year for my neice taken from the Wilton Yearbook. It was pretty easy.

HTH!

Peggy
LL

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 15 Jul 2005 , 6:11pm
post #9 of 9

Hi! My daughter is also a cheerleader. For her end of the year party I did an edible image cake of her squad. I decorated in the team colors and the girls loved it. Maybe you could find some kind of plastic gold trophy to put on there too. My other idea would be to do an edible image of the trophy and decorate the rest with the team colors. Hope that helps! Don't forget to post a pic! icon_smile.gif
traci

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%