Baseball Bat Cake

Decorating By panipuri Updated 14 Jul 2005 , 3:31am by briansbaker

panipuri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panipuri Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 3:11am
post #1 of 5

HAs anybody done a cake in the shape of a baseball bat? I have to do a cake for a baseball team and was thinking of cutting a 1/4 sheet and lining them end to end and shaping it to look like a bat. Do you think it will be too difficult? In my mind, it seems to be easy, but I feel I am missing something. Dont want it to be a "what was I thinking, project!". Thanks for the help, Elaine

4 replies
susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 3:16am
post #2 of 5

there is a baseball hat in the sports gallery take a look

panipuri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panipuri Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 3:23am
post #3 of 5

Susanmm, thank you so much - at least I know it is dooable now. Have to figure out the coloring as I dont have an airbrush. Thanks once again,Elaine

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 3:30am
post #4 of 5

you know that bat in the gallery is not brown. Being you dont have an air brush you could use the wiltons spray dye. If you can find the color you need you could do it the color of a reg. baseball bat. I could not for the life of me figure out how to make winnie the pooh color. He is almost the color of a reg. baseball bat. I added a dab of yellow, orange and brown. It turned out wonderful. If it is to dark, just add some white icing to lighten it up. Then maybe you could just add a oval shape in the center and put the name of the team. Just a thought!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 3:31am
post #5 of 5

baseball and bat is a wonderful cake must add! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%