Using A Pasta Roller For Fondant

Decorating By MichelleM77 Updated 18 Aug 2007 , 6:51pm by MichelleM77

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 3

Just wanted to pass on my experience with the KA pasta roller and fondant......

So I just received in the mail the pasta attachment for my KA that was a freebie with the KA I received as a birthday gift a few months ago. I was sooooo excited to try it out with fondant, since that's what I decorate all of my cookies with and thought it would save my wrists a bit (since I also type for a living).

I started with the pink that I needed for part of the cupcake cookies I was doing that day. Worked great, no problems. I had to spend about 15 minutes cleaning the rollers to get all of the pink fondant out.....or so I thought. No visible pink fondant to my eyes. I even used Q-tips to get in the little spaces. I rolled my white through and.......you guessed it......pink dots on my white fondant. Bummer. Maybe the cheap-o pasta roller that I have used with polymer clay would be a better way to go (of course I would have to buy a new one for fondant). It has fewer parts and nooks and cranies for stuff to hide in.

I had high hopes for the pasta roller....guess I'll just have to make my Italian hubby some fresh homemade pasta. He will be in heaven!

2 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 3

I understand completely what you are saying ... I got the pasta attachment for christmas last year and used it once, cleaned it up the best that I thought I could get it, and when I went to roll my white fondant through it came out with big ol' splotches of red fondant! Also, the sides of my fondant coming out were really curly ... I wonder if I did not have a certain notch set right?

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 3

I had some weird waves in my fondant, and I found that if I just put it back through the roller, but kind of held on to the fondant at the top so that it had had some tension on it, that the fondant came out smoother. It doesn't matter, can't use it anyway! LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%