Can You Place A Bct On Chocolate Frosting?

Decorating By mohara Updated 14 Jul 2005 , 2:18am by briansbaker

mohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mohara Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 2

Hi.
I don't know why but all of a sudden I couldn't remember if there were certain types of frosting you should not place a BCT on. I was going to make Hersheys Perfectly Chocolate Cake and use the frosting recipe they give with it. I was then going to add a buttercream transfer to it. Would this be ok? I know the frosting is a type of buttercream, but it doesn't crust. Does that matter? (I am only icing the cake with it, not using it for the transfer...)

Please let me know.

1 reply
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 2:18am
post #2 of 2

I am assuming you can. Now remember IMO we add the buttercream to the back of the BCT to keep the other colors from running into the white cake. Maybe you should add chocolate to the bottom. You know replacing the white Buttercream with chocolate buttercream or what ever chocolate icing you are using. I really don't see why it wouldnt work. Good luck.. As a matter of fact I was going to attempt this in august. I wanted to make a chocolate cake and add a red vibrant chili pepper to the top using a BCT. Just for fun being the party will be a fiesta theme. Let me know how it turns out. Good Luck thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%