Get This Colour Out Of Fondant

Decorating By mdomonch Updated 17 Aug 2007 , 4:50pm by BJ

mdomonch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdomonch Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 2

Hello,
I have a question on dying fondant. I am trying to achieve a silvery taupe colour for a base of a wedding cake? the bride wants the base of the cake to match her bridesmaids dresses and I am unsure of how to acheive this colour. in my area what i use is the wilton gel colours in the little jar pots, any help would be appreciated. its two weeks away and this bride hasn't dropped off the colour swatch for the dresses to me yet. (i have seen the swatch once at the initial meeting but thats all i am going on) she is two weeks late on getting back to me with all of the information that i needed and i have to say i'm a bit irritated with her at this time.

thanks again in advance for your help

1 reply
BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 2

Taupe to me looks kind of brownish - I would start with the brown color as your base and then maybe cover that with silver luster dust. I just kickin this out there for the color. As far as the bride not getting the swatch to you - I'd be on the phone right away and informing her that in order for you to match the color - you need the swatch and if she can't get it to you, there's no guarantee that the color will match. Put the ball in her court. If she wants it bad enough - she'll find a way to get it to you. She may not realize how much in advance you need it as it is not a color we use on a regular basis - tell her you need time to get the color right.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%