Cake Balls

Decorating By clayberrycakes Updated 17 Aug 2007 , 6:31pm by clayberrycakes

clayberrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clayberrycakes Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 3:11am
post #1 of 6

can someone please explain the texture of cake balls after you get them made? are they suppose to be wet like/ kinda soggy on the inside?

5 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 6:22am
post #2 of 6

You only need just enough liquid/moisture to get the crumbs to hold together when you roll it in a ball.

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 11:47am
post #3 of 6

I think it can be a matter of preference. I have accidentally used too much liquid before and I thought they were soggy, yet some liked them. I prefer them just to be "wet" so to speak. I also guess it depends on what you use for your liquid/binder. If you use buttercream ( I haven't) I feel like it would have a different texture than those made with coffee creamer.

darkchocolate

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 12:43pm
post #4 of 6

I've made mine with Buttercreme, and I think they have a resemblence in texture to Truffles. Everyone that's had them has raved over them. Someone told me they taste like gourmet candy!! icon_razz.gif

icingpraises Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingpraises Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 1:06pm
post #5 of 6

They should be very moist, but not soggy, no. Personally I never add additional liquid to mine as the cake is already moist enough to bind perfectly all by itself. I once used a very small amount of cherry juice for a cherry coconut combo I did, and I have used bc, again a very small amount, maybe a tablespoon, to a few batches, but othewise I like to use nuts or coconut or fruit peel or something like that to add extra flavor. The reaction when biting into one of these delicacies should be "ahhhhh" , not "ewwww" icon_lol.gif
Hope that helps!

Robin

clayberrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clayberrycakes Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 6:31pm
post #6 of 6

thanks for ur help...ronda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%