Most Satisfying Cake You Have Done???

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 18 Oct 2006 , 3:29am by Princess3

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 49

There is a worst cake post...what about starting a cake post that features the cake that you feel the best about..whether it made you feel great making it for a special person or event or just because....I know everyone has that one cake that you just won't forget icon_smile.gif....Mine is my first cake post (purple)...because it led me here to this awesome site!!!! Big CC hugs to all!!!

48 replies
redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 49

My most satisfying cake is the Fall Basket that I did for a coworker.

First, because I had a lot of fun doing it and think it came out pretty well. Second, because the person it was for really liked it, and I wanted to do something special for her.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/58700/normal_Fall_Basket_side.jpg

RP[/url]

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 49

It's hard to chose. I don't like all my cakes, but I don't really have a favorite either. Maybe the fairy tale cake in my photos. Because it started with an idea and ended up the way I had envisioned. That doesn't always happen icon_smile.gif.

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 49

my sisiters wedding cake - because it was my first wedding cake and because she was so thrilled _ good feeling !!

VickiG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickiG Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 49

This one because it was my first FBCT and although it was an "unknown" character, it was well known to my niece, whose birthday it was for... and it actually turned out to look exactly like it should and she was thrilled beyond belief.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=VickiG&cat=0&pos=2

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 7:55pm
post #6 of 49

My Harry Potter books, they were for my oldest's birthday and he helped with some of the little things on it like the wand.
I was worried for a while after my husband's reaction but my son liked them.

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

My Harry Potter books, they were for my oldest's birthday and he helped with some of the little things on it like the wand.
I was worried for a while after my husband's reaction but my son liked them.

I loved your Harry Potter cake- so creative! Glad to hear your son loved it too icon_biggrin.gif

I have a feeling my most satisfying cake will be the ones I am doing this Saturday for my friend's wedding- I'll let you know!

Amber

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 8:12pm
post #8 of 49

I think the ivory cake with roses on top was my most satisfying because even though it is simple, it turned out exactly how I wanted it to and we all know that doesn't always happen. icon_smile.gif

rayven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rayven Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 8:17pm
post #9 of 49

I think mine would be the brushed embroidery cake that I did for a friends wedding.

MoonicaLeigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MoonicaLeigh Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 8:18pm
post #10 of 49

The basket weave wedding cake for my sister's wedding. The final look of the cake with the flowers looked so polished, and not to mention the praise from family on the looks and taste icon_smile.gif

coolmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolmom Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 8:21pm
post #11 of 49

I think that my pink, 3 tiered, 1st b-day cake was my favorite. The layers all rose so well and I was able to smooth the icing better than ever before. I used luster dust for the first time, fiured out how to do fondant shapes on wire, and used my new clay gun. I felt like a real cake decorator after that one! icon_biggrin.gif

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 8:22pm
post #12 of 49

Mine I would have to say is the grad grad for my brother in law. I was so pressed for time and nervous. This was My 1st cake to be eaten and seen by people other than family & friends.
LL

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 8:39pm
post #13 of 49

Mine is the "gnome home" cake I did for DH to be's aunt. (If it doesn't post it's in my photos) It was my first carved cake, my first kick at MMF and it has lots of detail. Everything is hand made, even though modeling isn't my strong point...and even though it wasn't my own idea I'm darn proud of it. Plus it does look like the picture in the book so that's good...Oh yeah and when DH saw it he said "wow!"
That's a good day... icon_biggrin.gif
ps. His aunt REFUSED to cut it up to be ate...I have NO IDEA what she's going to do with it...but it was very flattering icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif
LL

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 8:42pm
post #14 of 49

Mine is not the best cake I've made but it was the "funnest." (now that it is done and eaten of course) My grandson fell in love with a leggo cake that lukasross (?) posted in gallery and insisted on having for his birthday. I made it of BC, cause he doesn't like fondant and the colors were more play doh like than leggo but he loved it. We all had a good laugh also cause I put so much coloring in the BC trying to get the right colors that everyone was running around with red,blue,green and yellow teeth.I wish I had pictures but they are not developed yet. I learned alot making that cake but the pay off was the look in his eyes when he saw it and the big hug he gave me!!!

pancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pancake Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 8:43pm
post #15 of 49

My Babybear Blue cake (in my photos) was my most satisfying.......it was for my sister-in-law and new nephew, ...it turned out pretty much exactly how I had pictured it in my head. It was also the first time I'd done fondant sculptures, and now I'm hooked!!

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 11:14pm
post #16 of 49

Mine is the cake I did for my Aunt Sally's 90th birthday. I impressed myself and my family, and most of all my Aunt was thrilled!. Its in my photos.

Aaris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aaris Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 11:24pm
post #17 of 49

My most satisfying cake so far was my dd's 1st birthday cake. All other since don't seem to do the same thing for me. Probably because I wasn't worried about my hourly rate!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_20783.html

Aaris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aaris Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 11:27pm
post #18 of 49

Whoops, I don't know why my link didn't work. It is in my photos, and is the 3 tier zebra stripe and hot pink cake with the single candle on top.

mommacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommacakes Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 11:31pm
post #19 of 49

Wow you guys all have impressive cakes!!!!!!!! I have not done that many cakes but the ones I have I would say I like my Strawberry Shortcake theme baby shower cake the best. I still have loads to work on and still have not taken a class! I need to get my butt a movin so I can learn more even though I have learned so much from the CC folks!!!!!

cassandrascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassandrascakes Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 11:38pm
post #20 of 49

Baby washtub is my favorite!! It turned out much better than I expected. It is very seldom that I am satisfied with a cake, but I was completely after this one. Its in my pics if it doesn't post.
LL

cassandrascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassandrascakes Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 11:38pm
post #21 of 49

had to edit, posted twice, lol

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 11:39pm
post #22 of 49

My most satisfying cake is the one I used for my avatar. It was the first time I did that type of stringwork and I did it for a show! I am so proud of that one!

Amy

ptain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptain Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 11:40pm
post #23 of 49

Mine was my daughter's wedding cake. I had just started decorating cakes and she said I had to make it.. It was my first wedding cake my first stacked cake and probably the one I stressed the most about. But she LOVED it and that made it all worth wild.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 11:47pm
post #24 of 49

Mine was the one and only wedding cake in my photo album. It was made for my son. I had been making cakes on and off for years, just for family. After doing the wedding cake, I fell in love with cake decorating all over again. It prompted me to take all three of the Wilton classes. It isn't my BEST cake, but probably the most meaningful.

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 12:05am
post #25 of 49

I can see why each one of you would be proud of the cakes you posted. It was fun seeing the cakes and hearing the story behind them.

I would have to say my favorite or the one I'm most proud of was my cactus cake. It's in my photos.

I made it for my uncle's 86th birthday. He loves cactus and the desert.

However, the reason I'm most pleased with this cake is that my sister who seems to always have something bad to say about my cakes saw this one and said "Now this is a great cake!" She didn't have one bad thing thing to say about this cake. That was a first.

Joanne

aupekkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aupekkle Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 12:13am
post #26 of 49

Mine was one of my more recent creations. It was for a karate sensei's birthday. I recreated his dojo's logo in 3D. It was a lot of fun to make.
LL

madicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madicakes Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 12:20am
post #27 of 49

Mine has to be my daughter's birthday cake. It was her first "real" birthday cake. We got her home from China (she's adopted) 3 days prior to her first birthday, so, needless to say, the new mommy didn't get a chance to make her a special first birthday cake. I made it up with her 2nd one. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=hcromwell&cat=0&pos=7

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 12:20am
post #28 of 49

At the moment my favorite is the baby cake from my avatar. icon_smile.gif It was my second time making this cake(someone requested it), and I am happy with how it came out. Plus, I was faster decorating it this time which was a real plus! Only up till 2 a.m. working on it! I love it when everything just works out with no complications.

Besides that cake my favorites are the ones I do for my kids because they just love their birthday cakes! I have to try and top the previous ones each time,LOL.

Courtney
LL

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 12:20am
post #29 of 49

I think my most satisfying cake was the Mickey Mouse cake I made for my grandson. For the idea on paper to actually work in cake, was awesome. The file is too big to post, but it is in my photos.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 12:24am
post #30 of 49

Everyone's cakes are so great! mine would have to be for my son's 1st birthday. I havent been doing this very long so I wasnt able to do a big first birthday cake for my other sons. So I wanted it to be really special since he is my last baby.....

Oh and that is him on my avatar...eating his pooh smash cake. I just love that kid.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%