Pregnant Lady Cake?

Decorating By lmn4881 Updated 17 Aug 2007 , 9:00am by keyshia

lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 8

Hello,

i have an order for a pregnant lady cake. I'm just wondering if I put it on a 9 x 13 what sizes would I use for the breasts and the belly. Same if I use an 11 x 15 pan underneath.

i'm trying to feed 40-45 people and Im not sure how many this feeds.

Thanks in advance.

7 replies
heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 2:55am
post #2 of 8

you might end up making the pregnant cake as the center pieces and having a sheet cake in the back for servings. but i would just use a half ball pan for the belly and cupcakes for the breast. I personally like to use snow balls because they look more reaslistic.

lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 2:58am
post #3 of 8

What are snowballs?

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 3:11am
post #4 of 8

there is a pregnant lady cake in my photos and I used one half of the ball pan for belly and then the mini doll pan (has 4 mini doll molds in one pan),for boobs icon_lol.gif

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 3:28am
post #5 of 8

Snow balls are those cupcakes you buy at the gas stations, etc. covered with coconut, come two in a package.

TPDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPDC Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 3:45am
post #6 of 8

I recommend using an 11X15 and then putting the pregnant belly on top. The pregnant belly I did in my gallery was a half ball pan for the belly and the breasts were the small half balls. Your 11x15 serves 35. The belly cake serves about 12. Should be enough for the number of people you are looking at serving.

gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 8:36am
post #7 of 8

I did a belly cake for a friends baby shower, its on my gallery with a tutorial on how i did it.
You are more than welcome to use it. My friend still has hers i made it so she could keep it and a year on its still looks fantastic.

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 9:00am
post #8 of 8

I made one of these a few weeks ago (my first), I bought this big old mixing bowl for the belly, but in reality, it wouldn't fit on my 9x13 cake. icon_sad.gif So I ended up using half of the ball pan and cupcakes for the boobs. It turned out well I think, but that dress was trickier than I thought. icon_smile.gif Follow the suggestions and make it in two parts. Good luck. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%