Camera Disaster!!

Decorating By crylynn Updated 18 Jul 2012 , 11:56am by agvokure448888

crylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crylynn Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 4:37am
post #1 of 7

Well, this morning I finished a baby shower cake for a friend of mine and I was very proud of this cake. It was my first baby shower cake, and only my second time using fondant. It turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!!! So of course I get my camera, insert the rechargable batteries that have been charging overnight, and turn it on and. . . . the batteries are still dead!!! OMG!!! I just about wanted to cry, and there was nothing I could do! I did not have time to go and buy new batteries, and they have to be special batteries, the regular AA don't have enough juice in them. So, I delivered the cake, and sadly waved farewell to a cake I will now have to make again, baby shower or no baby shower because da****! I want a picture of that cake!!! At least I know my sister will love to have the makeup cake.

Thank you all for listening to me cry in my coolaid!
Crystal

6 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 5:55am
post #2 of 7

I hate it when that happens. I have forgotten to take photos a few times and I get so mad at myself. At least it gives you an excuse to make another cake and this time you will get to enjoy eating it too!!

Cindy

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 6:00am
post #3 of 7

Possibly the client took photos at the party and wouldn't mind sending you one...I would if it were me. Just an idea. Janice

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 6:01am
post #4 of 7

i feel for you... this has nothing to do with cakes but on my son's second birthday i took a whole bunch of pics with my "new didgital camera"....i went to download them onto my computer and the camera asked me if i wanted to format my card...i said yes...oops...wrong thing to do...i lost all my pics...i cried for a week!!!!

candy177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candy177 Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 6:02am
post #5 of 7

That happened to me once. Bought film for the camera...but dead batteries. And go figure, DH works nights and had the car so I couldn't even go to the 24 hour store...I had to deliver the cake on the way to work the next morning. Pretty tiered wedding cake....simple, but pretty. Oh well.

I've been after her dad to get me a photo but he keeps forgetting (he's a manager with the company I work for). I'll get one someday!

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 6:23am
post #6 of 7

I can TOTALLY relate. In August I made a AWESOME cars cake. Took like 30 pics of cake. I have a crappy 35 mm camera that flashes everytime you take a picture. So I bought disposible cameras. I took all those pics. Not thinking about the lighting. I had a clip lamp on over the cake and none of the pictures turned out icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif OMG out of 30 icon_cry.gif Then gave to my niece for great nephews B-Day it about died on the way home in there SUV it caught fire a block from my house ( faulty stereo wiring) It survived the trip. Day of party pics were taken on a pic phone. Bad news phone dropped and broke before they could get the pics uploaded. I can't replace the cake for pics. Don't know if I want to. I don't know how to explain it. I dreamt this cake in my head and in my night dreams. I am convienced it was made only for my great nephew and no one else. Maybe someday I will try to recreate it but it was a very important cake to me. Maybe that is why this all happened icon_confused.gif My family was AMAZED and loved it as well as B-DAY Boy that is all that counts thumbs_up.gif P.S. I cried Also I wanted to crawl into a ball and hide from the world. That feeling is not explainable(is that a word) That is how I felt. I know what you are going through. And I thought it was only my crappy 35 MM now I know for sure there was something more to it. You will get through this. It was your sons cake and no one elses. It is a memory one of a kind. It was PERFECT I am sure of that thumbs_up.gif Divine intervention thumbs_up.gif It was meant for him and him only icon_lol.gif

agvokure448888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agvokure448888 Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 11:56am
post #7 of 7

.i went to download them onto my computer and the camera asked me if i wanted to format my card...i said yes...oops...wrong thing to doImage

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%