Cartoon Cakes On Food Network Right Now!

Decorating By mnmmommy Updated 23 Mar 2014 , 10:44pm by djdanieldj

mnmmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnmmommy Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 2:09am
post #1 of 19

yay!

18 replies
tugboat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tugboat Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 2:11am
post #2 of 19

Yea! I'm watching it!

steffy8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffy8 Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 2:18am
post #3 of 19

I would love to be able to do this!!! If I was that good, that is. icon_biggrin.gif

esskaym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esskaym Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 2:19am
post #4 of 19

Me too. Bronwen's technique is amazing. Loving her boat. Don't the planks look great.

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 2:33am
post #5 of 19

I'm watching too, great so far!!! I'm rooting for Bronwyn, just love her icon_smile.gif

steffy8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffy8 Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 2:52am
post #6 of 19

All I can say is WOOOOWWWWW!!!! All the cakes are AMAZING.
My daughter said she wants one of the competitors to make her a bday cake. icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

I don't blame her one bit icon_rolleyes.gif

Glad I don't have to be the judge icon_eek.gif

tugboat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tugboat Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 3:05am
post #7 of 19

Wow! Those were such cute cakes! I loved Bronwyn's and Mike's cakes! Those were my two favorites!! I think they did an awesome job! icon_biggrin.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 4:25am
post #8 of 19

DON'T TELL WHO WON!!!! icon_biggrin.gif
It hasn't shown on the West coast yet!!!!

bakedandiced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakedandiced Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 4:41am
post #9 of 19

Not too thrilled with Betty Boop cake, think that a different take would have been better. Scooby was right on as was Popeye. While I love Curious George, I think it too could have been a little better with a different take. Just my opinion as I am no where near their talent level. I love to watch them, I do not know why but everytime I see Norman I just root for him. Love Mike's skill and adore Bronwen.

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 7:08am
post #10 of 19

I knew Mike was gonna win, he's sooo meticulous (how do you spell that?) but I fell for Weber, on a bakery stuff like that happens ALL the time, and she is fast thinking and always comes up with the most ingenious stuff!!

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 11:17am
post #11 of 19

It wound up just how it should have! Wow some of those cakes were just amazing. I too think the Betty Boop & Curious George were lacking but it was better than I could ever do I'm sure. I loved the Scooby one thumbs_up.gif

Eren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eren Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 1:00pm
post #12 of 19

Great show.

I have a complaint to Food Network, though. This is not the first time that here is a misshap in a competition. You are having a cake contest in a room that is not getting below 75 degrees? I don't care if it's Florida, make sure that the place has a good AC, and if not, go somewhere else or cancel the show. Cakes, frosting and sugar need to be cool or you are not going to have great cakes to show at the end.

They did this same thing during the amateur cookie contest. They have all these people that are not professional bakers in Denver? The mile high city? Recipes must me adjusted for high altitude, so I thought that was super-unfair for the contestants, who didn't live in high places, so they had to adjust on the go.
Let's hope the logistics start getting a little better for future competitions.

auntsushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsushi Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 1:12pm
post #13 of 19

Darn, I missed it.......I hope they will reshow it.

I agree about the problem with the conditions, to a degree (no pun intended). Did you see the sugar art show (can't remember what it was called) a few days ago where TWO of the five contestants had their huge sugar art sculpture tumble to the floor minutes before the end of the competition? And the hosts were commenting about the high humidity in the room. Not much you can do about high humidity, I suppose. Oh, yeah, wait. ....how about a dehumidifier......or holding the competition in a city where it wouldn't be a problem. I guess part of the "deal" of being a good artist is that you can do it ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, IN ANY CONDITIONS, right? icon_rolleyes.gificon_cry.gif I live in Denver, and yes, our conditions here are MUCH DIFFERENT than in alot of other cities due to our high altitude (5,280ft).

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 1:22pm
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eren

Great show.

I have a complaint to Food Network, though. This is not the first time that here is a misshap in a competition. You are having a cake contest in a room that is not getting below 75 degrees? I don't care if it's Florida, make sure that the place has a good AC, and if not, go somewhere else or cancel the show. Cakes, frosting and sugar need to be cool or you are not going to have great cakes to show at the end.

They did this same thing during the amateur cookie contest. They have all these people that are not professional bakers in Denver? The mile high city? Recipes must me adjusted for high altitude, so I thought that was super-unfair for the contestants, who didn't live in high places, so they had to adjust on the go.
Let's hope the logistics start getting a little better for future competitions.

Sometimes I wonder if they don't do this on purpose!!! You know how some reality shows will throw a wrench in and change it up some if they feel it's boring??? The people react in their own way so it's still technically reality........but it's just sick IMO to mess around with cake decorators LOL

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 1:29pm
post #15 of 19

I LOVED the Scooby Doo Cake! I truly thought it was the best one there. They need to move these shows earlier. I'm so tired this morning from staying up to see it.

candy177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candy177 Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 1:34pm
post #16 of 19

That's what I was thinking with the purposely using humid environments...

It adds that extra degree of difficulty (no pun intended lol) to see who can think on their feet and still make magic happen when presented with such an obstacle. Humidity happens. I hate the summer months for just that reason. You can pretty much control your house, but walk outside with that cake and you're screwed!

I loved Mike's cake the best, followed by Bronwen's and then Norman's. I loved the concept Norman had, but Curious George did NOT look like Curious George! I think he did an excellent job after he ran out of fondant (hello, you should always account for much more than you actually need!), but I still knew he wasn't going to win. Hated the Betty Boop cake. Great technique, but I didn't feel it was what Betty was all about.

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 5:09pm
post #17 of 19

I loved Mike's Scooby Doo.. It was well done inspite of the
heat.. Bronwen as my next favorite.. Love both of them..
Betty Boop, hmmmm, I don't think so. She could probably done a better desing than the underwater swimming Betty Boop.
icon_smile.gif

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 6:19pm
post #18 of 19

i just love mike. his cakes are awsome. i am glad he won too. everyone was great. i didnt so much love the betty cake but bronwems popeye and the boat was also great. curious george was cute too. icon_smile.gif i love challenges.

djdanieldj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%