Orangesicle Cake

Decorating By auntmamie Updated 7 May 2011 , 1:17am by Cosima

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 7

I've got an order for an orangesicle cake for next week (a coworkers baby shower). Just wondering what everyone thought would be better - vanilla cake with orange buttercream filling or orange cake with vanilla buttercream filling. The frosting is fondant, which I will probably flavor a bit with orange oil.

Thanks!

6 replies
darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 7

I'd like the vanilla cake with orange butter cream. I think that if it was an orange cake, that it would overpower the vanilla buttercream.

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 2:20am
post #3 of 7

I'm thinking the other way. Orange cake with vanilla butter cream. I'm making orange cupcakes this weekend to top with vanilla ice cream, but vanilla cake with orange sherbert did cross my mind. I can see why you're having a tough decision! icon_smile.gif

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 3:02am
post #4 of 7

My vote is orange cake with vanilla buttercream. MMMM orangie.

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 2:55pm
post #5 of 7

So, I finally decided. And this is solely based on resources, much as I appreciated all of your answers. I will be making the vanilla cake with orange buttercream, since I have a really good french vanilla cake recipe, which I've used before, and don't want to try a new recipe along with trying my first ever tiered and first ever fondant cake. I think having at least one known element would be a good idea.

brnrlvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brnrlvr Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 3:14pm
post #6 of 7

if it is a scratch french vanilla recipe, would you mind posting it?

Cosima Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cosima Posted 7 May 2011 , 1:17am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntmamie

So, I finally decided. And this is solely based on resources, much as I appreciated all of your answers. I will be making the vanilla cake with orange buttercream, since I have a really good french vanilla cake recipe, which I've used before, and don't want to try a new recipe along with trying my first ever tiered and first ever fondant cake. I think having at least one known element would be a good idea.

I would really like this recipe too. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%