Texas Bakers--Where Are You?

Decorating By MCook Updated 10 Sep 2013 , 5:51pm by Mbd77506

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 5:39pm
post #91 of 161

I'm in Katy right now, but I grew up in the Spring/Klein area and even lived in Lubbock for awhile.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 5:47pm
post #92 of 161

I live in Trenton, which is north of McKinney and south of Bonham. NOrtheast Texas I guess it would be!!!!

Love cakes, love the people I meet doing cakes and will talk cake any time of the day with whomever will listen!!!

tasha27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasha27 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 5:53pm
post #93 of 161

Well I think I am farthest from anyone I live in Little Mexico also known as El Paso, It is about 2 minutes from the Mexico border. (seriously). We don't have a main supplier we have here is Candies it is a small business but the service is great and if she doesn't have it she can get it. Hopefully I won't be here much longer since the Army brought me here I am an East Coast girl at heart.

MeMes_Crafty_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeMes_Crafty_Cakes Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 6:02pm
post #94 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisspence

Hey dawnrenae and ladyhitman18,
Do I know ya'll? Just kidding. I work in Dayton and live in Crosby. Small World.

I live in Dayton also..So nice to see people around here. Hope everyone has a AWESOME day today!

mommy42cuties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy42cuties Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 6:37pm
post #95 of 161

icon_biggrin.gif I am in Mesquite, TX!!! I am a newbie, right now doing cakes for family, friends, and friends of friends icon_smile.gif. When I am not baking cakes, I work, go to school (to finish up my BS Degree - I'll be finished in January WOO HOO) and have 2 kids that take up most of my time (4 yrs and 18 months)...Umm. lets make that 3 kids, I'm married too!! LOL. Good to see all the Texans!!!

MCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCook Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 8:38pm
post #96 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy42cuties

icon_biggrin.gif I am in Mesquite, TX!!! I am a newbie, right now doing cakes for family, friends, and friends of friends icon_smile.gif. When I am not baking cakes, I work, go to school (to finish up my BS Degree - I'll be finished in January WOO HOO) and have 2 kids that take up most of my time (4 yrs and 18 months)...Umm. lets make that 3 kids, I'm married too!! LOL. Good to see all the Texans!!!

Welcome newbie! And yet another December birthday! icon_lol.gif
Congrats on getting your degree--hope you don't have to make your own graduation cake LOL! icon_smile.gif

Denary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denary Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 8:44pm
post #97 of 161

I'm in Midland!

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 8:54pm
post #98 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonald

I live in Trenton, which is north of McKinney and south of Bonham. NOrtheast Texas I guess it would be!!!!

Love cakes, love the people I meet doing cakes and will talk cake any time of the day with whomever will listen!!!

Hey! I'm just next door in WW.

mrsmicbau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmicbau Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 9:02pm
post #99 of 161

Well... how did I miss this thread for soo long?! I spend so much time on CakeCentral... I live in Richardson.... about 10 minutes from Cake Carousel! I took my classes there, as well. Love those ladies! I started last March.
BTW, my birthday is Monday.

Denary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denary Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 9:05pm
post #100 of 161

Oooh, I got to go to Cake Carousel last time I was in the Metroplex. The family finally pried me out with a crowbar! We don't have any cake shops in this part of the country that I've found........I was ecstatic!

Denary

Tasty Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tasty Cakes Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 3:14am
post #101 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy42cuties

Another person from Mesquite!!! icon_biggrin.gif I had to do a double take and try to remember if I wrote that!! My life is quite the same, only difference is that I will be in school forever trying to finish my nursing degree, my kids are 10 & 5, and I also teach cake decorating classes!!

Nice to see more people from the area!

Cake-Happy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-Happy Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 4:35am
post #102 of 161

Hi, I'm from Mesquite, Tx!

I don't want to hijack this great thread (so maybe someone can just PM me)...
One thing I would love to ask y'all is... do you know if there are any other good cake supply stores in the Dallas area? I'm aware of the Sale Place in Balch Springs, and Cake Carousel in Richardson... just hoping to find a few more to visit. I never get tired of shopping for cake goodies! icon_smile.gif Glad to see so many Texans!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 5:43am
post #103 of 161

Hi y'all! *waves*

Houston here - Pearland area. Teach in Webster & Pasadena. icon_smile.gif

LOL - December birthday too!

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 6:11am
post #104 of 161

East Texas--Longview.

Close neighbor to TexasSugar

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 8:28pm
post #105 of 161

where is a good place around Plano to take the Wilton classes. I want to retake some, but want good instructors. Anyone had a good experience anywhere?

Stephanie

Spongebob2109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spongebob2109 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 8:44pm
post #106 of 161

HI, I from Dallas.

I took the 1st course at Cake Carousel in Richardson on Central. The instructor was good, she didn't just teach the Wilton Way. The have morning and evening classes.

As anyone body had any luck in finding a commerical kitchen to rent?

Launa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Launa Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 8:44pm
post #107 of 161

I'm in Conroe!

texasbecky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texasbecky Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 8:55pm
post #108 of 161

I'm from Corsicana, Texas.....we're between Dallas and Houston!!

Crystalgal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystalgal Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 8:55pm
post #109 of 161

San Antonio

GO SPURS GO

gidgetsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetsmom Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 8:56pm
post #110 of 161

I'm in Lake Dallas...on the shores of Lewisville Lake. Chebean - I agree it's great to see the lake full of water again!

I too love Cake Carousel - want to visit Cakes Amore...

SweetInspirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetInspirations Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 9:06pm
post #111 of 161

I'm from Odessa.....Nothin but tumbleweeds and pumpjacks here ;-P

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 9:10pm
post #112 of 161

I am in Rowlett also. We are just east of Dallas close to Rockwall. I also am a fan of Cake Carousel. I have taken LOTS of classes there and am planning on taking the one w/ Bronwen in October. I went to Cakes Amore once the prices are a little cheaper than Cake C and the lady was very nice she just did not have the knowledge that Jeri and Tammy have. I would love to get together and have a cake round up! Just tell me when and where!
Melissa

NiteOwl4evr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NiteOwl4evr Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 9:12pm
post #113 of 161

hey there fellow Texans. I'm from a small town called Crosby...outside Houston.

cakelady77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady77 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 9:23pm
post #114 of 161

I'm in Watauga (mid-cities Fort Worth area)!

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 10:45pm
post #115 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha27

Well I think I am farthest from anyone I live in Little Mexico also known as El Paso, It is about 2 minutes from the Mexico border. (seriously). We don't have a main supplier we have here is Candies it is a small business but the service is great and if she doesn't have it she can get it. Hopefully I won't be here much longer since the Army brought me here I am an East Coast girl at heart.

2 minutes?! Heck, you can spit into Mexico from I-10! I'm in El Paso too. You melting too? icon_lol.gif

Yeah, the cake supply here is pretty sad, usually if I cannot get it at Hobby Lobby or Micheal's I shop online, but there are a couple other places in town: Grafton on McRae, right of I-10, in the shopping center across from the Chico's Tacos, I've bought a couple things there, nice people. There is Victoria's Cake House down on Alameda, but I've never been there. There is also MPG Cake Decorating Supplies on Doniphan, but I called there once to see if they carried Satin Ice and whoever answered the phone didn't speak English, and I don't speak Spanish (not an EP native), so that didn't go to to well. Lastly, there is Gallery of Flowers and Wedding Cake Supply on Trawood. They are not listed under Cake Decoration Supplies in the Yellow Pages icon_confused.gif , and I would have never known about them if I didn't live nearby and have to drive past! icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh, there is a new place up in Las Cruces, My Create-A-Cake. I've yet to go there, but from what I get from their newsletter and when I called, they have QUITE a bit of a selection. I need to make the treck up there soon.

lori_d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lori_d Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 2:40pm
post #116 of 161

I wish there were more cake supply shops in Laredo. icon_sad.gif Oh, well, Michael's will have to do for now. Thanks to this thread I discovered Cake Craft Shoppe and ordered from them. Finally a place I can order from without exorbitant shipping prices!!!!

Lori D.

NiteOwl4evr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NiteOwl4evr Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 5:51pm
post #117 of 161

I'm curious...I live on the Northeast side of Houston. My friend and I make cakes together and we work 5 days a week 8 to 5. But we would like to get together with other people in our area that also do cake decorating on a decided on weekend maybe once a month or every couple of months to exchange ideas. If anyone is interested would you email me and we can see what we can arrange. My email address is [email protected] and if you would put something in the subject line...cake decoratoring get together so I know not to delete ya...Look forward to hearing from ya

MCook Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 7:54pm
post #118 of 161

NiteOwl4ever
There is a cake club there in Houston--I have seen their website but at the moment I can't think of the name of the club.
Any one else here know the name?
I will see if I can find it again.

MCook Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:00pm
post #119 of 161

I just typed in "Houston cake clubs" and an ton of names came up
Here's the link to one: http://www.houstoncakeclub.com/index.htm

It's not the one I was thinking of, but a place to start. There were several others listed too. Do a search, maybe there's another one close to you.
Good luck. cowboy.gif

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:25pm
post #120 of 161

Longview here, Have been doing character cakes for years, but am slowly teaching myself new things, since I am just really getting back into the desire to do cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%