Omg Omg Guess What I Got!!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By darlene_000 Updated 16 Oct 2006 , 11:19pm by darlene_000

darlene_000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darlene_000 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 1:19am
post #1 of 34

A KITCHEN AID!!!!!!!!!!!! A Nice one!!!!

I posted Friday about how I killed my hand mixer making RI....

Well I needed to buy a new mixer for the cake Im making this weekend, we don't have the money for anything nice so I was going to see what I could get for $40 at Walmart.....

Well this afternoon we needed to go to Costco, my Mother in law (MIL) came because we didnt renew our membership hehe... anyway the one hand mixer they had was cheap, a $20 Sunbeam one.... and the only other one they had was the KA $269 five quart 425 watt one.... My MIL asked about that, and I said that was WAY out of our budget... so as an early Birthday present (Nov 11th) she got it for me!! I can't believe it, I tried to talk her out of it but she wouldnt have it-- OMG the BEST Birthday present Ive ever recieved.

So I just made cake batter, and BC in it! Im in love!!! No more killing my mixer over RI... Im sure this thing will last quite some time!!!!

Darlene

33 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 1:21am
post #2 of 34

Congrats to you!!!! I love both of mine..You will be hooked on KA from now on icon_smile.gif

Molliebird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molliebird Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 1:24am
post #3 of 34

Congrats to you on your KA ... but, even more importantly, you have a great MIL.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 1:27am
post #4 of 34

Tell your MIL she made a stranger cry just thinking of how nice she was. My mom was like that, I miss ner.

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 1:28am
post #5 of 34

WOW!!!! What a lucky lady you are, not only for the mixer, but to have a GREAT mother-in-law. I used to have one of those.

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 1:28am
post #6 of 34

Congrats!! You will love it. I got mine a few months ago and was telling DH at supper how much I am enjoying it. I made rolls for supper. Love the dough hook for that and pizza crusts. No hand kneading!! And cakes and frosting mix so much quicker.

Do be careful mixing a cake. Like a cake mix - beat about 30 min to mix everything, scrape down and mix 1 minute on 4 and it's done!! Easy to over mix with it.

You'd better keep that MIL if you've got one that good!! icon_smile.gif

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 1:33am
post #7 of 34

[quote="Tiffysma"]Do be careful mixing a cake. Like a cake mix - beat about 30 min to mix everything, scrape down and mix 1 minute on 4 and it's done!! Easy to over mix with it. [quote]

Uh, oops! Yeah, you will overbeat if you mix it for 30 MIN! I think you meant seconds... icon_biggrin.gif

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 1:34am
post #8 of 34

I agree with Narie you made another stranger cry. My MIL would do that to if she had the money. Did you back her a thank you cake icon_biggrin.gif

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 1:38am
post #9 of 34

That is a great story. Congrats on the KA and having a wonderfull MIL.

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 1:47am
post #10 of 34

[quote="ckdcr8r"][quote="Tiffysma"]Do be careful mixing a cake. Like a cake mix - beat about 30 min to mix everything, scrape down and mix 1 minute on 4 and it's done!! Easy to over mix with it.

Quote:
Quote:

Uh, oops! Yeah, you will overbeat if you mix it for 30 MIN! I think you meant seconds... icon_biggrin.gif

Oopppss!! Yes!! I meant 30 SECONDS!! Glad you caught that - can you tell I've had long day??

mddm13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mddm13 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 1:56am
post #11 of 34

My mom would have been the one to do that. She was a great supporter to me and I really miss her. But good luck and be thankful to your MIL.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 2:02am
post #12 of 34

This post nearly made me cry when I read it also! My MIL bought me my first KA several years ago and I can't imagine life before it! Congrats and happy mixing!

pippindipity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pippindipity Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 2:09am
post #13 of 34

Aww, how incredibly sweet of her. Enjoy your new KA.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 3:13am
post #14 of 34

congrats. and happy birthday when it comes.

treat your mixer well and you will be fine. i had my first one for a full 5 years before I wrecked it trying to soften butter..."BIG MISTAKE. HUGE. I HAVE TO GO SHOPPING NOW"> (pretty woman movie) icon_smile.gif

You do have a great mil, there are some nice ones out there. my mil is great too. icon_smile.gif

darlene_000 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 3:57am
post #15 of 34

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!

My Mother in law is an awesome woman.... she worked 38 hours of overtime the last 2 weeks which is the reason she had the money... but she is a funny lady, and finds happiness in buying stuff for her children.... she really enjoys it.... and well we don't mind! You can't take it with you when you die right? hehe

I can't wait to mess around with it more....

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 3:58am
post #16 of 34

My MIL would do this is she could. I love her. She is so nice. She treats my kids so great. I don't know how I got this lucky. I have a great husband and great in-laws to boot.

Congrats on your new KA. You will love it. I got a pasta attachment for my b-day and I love it. I still need to try fondant with it, but I can't wait.

darlene_000 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 3:58am
post #17 of 34

Oh PS: I cant bake her a cake for a thank you, she isnt allowed cake! Or shouldnt be eating it.... but Im making everyone else in the family cakes, and she likes seeing that icon_smile.gif

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 4:01am
post #18 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlene_000

Oh PS: I cant bake her a cake for a thank you, she isnt allowed cake! Or shouldnt be eating it.... but Im making everyone else in the family cakes, and she likes seeing that icon_smile.gif

You could bake her a nice loaf of yummy bread. icon_lol.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 4:02am
post #19 of 34

if she can't have cake would you be able to take her out to lunch at her favorite restaurant? Congrats on the new mixer.

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 4:42am
post #20 of 34

that's great...what an awesome mil...i have an awesome mil to...she bought me my george forman when i had no money....have fun with your ka....i have had mine for 12 years....love it!!!!

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 7:22am
post #21 of 34

OMG!!! Darlene, it just clicked that was you! I didn't notice at first! Hi, it's your WMI! I should have known, you just told me you broke your mixer because I had you make royal for class!! icon_biggrin.gif That's OK, your KA will bless you for many years! (and thanks for supporting Costco... icon_lol.gif ) Cheers to great MIL's, too! I have one, she always surprises me like that, too icon_razz.gif. See you in class!

karmicflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karmicflower Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 7:38am
post #22 of 34

Congratulations on your new mixer, what a nice MIL you have to buy you that on the spot as an early gift, i bet your ecstatic. Enjoy it!!

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 7:52am
post #23 of 34

Awww, what a sweet lady!! You'll love your KA, one quick tip...ALWAYS make sure the mixer is turned off before you plug it in...you'd be surprised how far it will fling butter and sugar if you don't...live and learn...ha ha ha...

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 8:10am
post #24 of 34

Congratulations!!! I remember how excited I was when I got mine for Christmas last year icon_smile.gif They're the best!!! I don't think I would have made so many cakes if I hadn't had it.

Lazy_Susan

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 2:20pm
post #25 of 34

You are lucky to have such a great mother-in-law. A KA cost about A$700 and I have been dropping hints. Hopefully Santa will be good to be this year!

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 2:29pm
post #26 of 34

That is wonderful. Sounds like a terrific mother-in-law. Mine is that way too, even though she doesn't have the money and we don't need the help. She's always trying to do something for us. Happy mixing!!

2yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2yummy Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 2:33pm
post #27 of 34

That is awesome. My inlaws also bought me a KA this year for my birthday. We are lucky to have such great inlaws. I love my KA too. Congrats!!!

monizcel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monizcel Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 2:38pm
post #28 of 34

Your MIL sounds great. My in-laws are awesome as well.

We got a KA for our wedding this year...my DH wanted it desperately since he loves to make CCC. I was thinking what are we going to do in a tiny apartment with a KA????

Boy was I wrong...the KA has a place of honour on our kitchen counter and between DH making cookies and me baking cakes (a new hobby) the KA is in use about once a week! I don't know how we would survive without it now icon_biggrin.gif

FancyLayne23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FancyLayne23 Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 2:43pm
post #29 of 34

Congrats! That is wonderful!

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 3:01pm
post #30 of 34

Yay!! I am rejoicing with you.... I got my 1st one last week. I made several batched of MMf and a small carrot cake (top tier of wedding cake) I just can't wait to use mine more too.... I think I'll attempt a pumpkin cake next.
Have fun using it!!!!icon_smile.gif
- Ivy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%