Cupcake Wedding Cake...

Decorating By fox79 Updated 14 Oct 2006 , 9:46pm by mkolmar

fox79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fox79 Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 5

I had a gal ask me to make her "wedding cake" but she wants only cupcakes. She's having it the day after Thanksgiving so she wants it fall-ish and renaissance-y. Any ideas???

4 replies
monizcel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monizcel Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 5

Maybe you can ice the cupcakes in fall colours (yellow/light orange etc.)
Otherwise white cupcakes with a leaf topper (a chocolate molded candy etc.)

goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 5

I'd ask her to see if she has an idea in mind. If she doesn't, I'd see what the bridemaid and groomsmen colors are and incorporate that into a leaf pattern made from candy mold.... Rennisance...? maybe you could have ice sugar ice cream cones cut down to form the pointy hats they used to wear and have streamers of fondant curls or curly ribbons in fall or wedding theme colors?

You could frost the cones in a light fall or theme color in royal icing or the cookie frosting recipe on this site and pipe their monogram in the center in a contrasting color? Maybe they would be interested in a small castle cake with the cupcakes surrounding it. You could have some medival props on the table or a knight cake maybe cool...I'm sure their is one on this site that was great and have cupcakes surround this with the hats like mentioned above? Maybe a stand up scroll behind plexiglass

Announcing the couple as
Lady_________ weds Sir __________
on this _________ day of __________________
in the Kingdom of __________

You could suggest they serve Camelot wines...they are decent and cost around $6 - $7 a bottle...

Sounds like a fun theme to explore!

Have fun....

Mary Jane

sarzoemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarzoemom Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 5

I had a fall renaissance wedding and everything centered around this cornicopia. I think that ivory cuocakes with marzipan pumpkins or take grapes and curents and sugar coat them would look very nice. You could put them on glass plates or orange tinted plates. The flower of choice for fall of course is the chrysanthimum and is the flower of November.
Hope I gave you a few ideas.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 5

i like sarz idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%