Duncan Hines Cake Mix Recipe

Decorating By CakesbyKimmie Updated 17 Jul 2005 , 1:19am by CIndymm4

CakesbyKimmie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyKimmie Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 6

I receive weekly email reminders from Top Secret Recipe.com
and they had one for a Duncan Hines Cake. I havent tried it yet, but thought I would share. Let me know if anyone tries it.

Top Secret Recipes
version of
Duncan Hines®
Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate Cake Mix
by Todd Wilbur

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ¾ cups bakers sugar (superfine sugar)
¾ cup cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ¼ teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons shortening

To make cake
1 1/3 cups water
½ cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs

1. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add shortening, then use an electric mixer on medium speed to blend shortening into dry ingredients. Mix until no chunks of shortening are visible. This is your cake mix, which you can keep in a sealed container for several months until you are ready to make the cake.
2. To make the cake preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the sides and bottom of two 9-inch baking pans or one 13x9-inch pan. Lightly flour the greased pans.
3. Blend dry cake mix (from step #1) with water, oil and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer at low speed until moistened. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 more minutes.
4. Pour batter into pans and bake for 30 to 33 minutes for 9-inch pans, and 35 to 38 minutes for 13x9-inch pan. You can also make cupcakes with the mix. They take 19 to 22 minutes. (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)

5 replies
traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 6

That sounds like a great recipe! Thanks for sharing! icon_smile.gif
traci

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 1:12am
post #3 of 6

Oh, I got that today too.....I may try it out this weekend and see how it does.....I'll let ya know!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 1:49am
post #4 of 6

Let us know how it turns out! I can't wait to hear how it tastes!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 2:02am
post #5 of 6

Yeah, make sure and let us know Cindymm4 .. I'd like to try it out too if your's taste good.. icon_biggrin.gif

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 17 Jul 2005 , 1:19am
post #6 of 6

Well, I made this cake today and it was so good! It was very moist. I did add 1 tsp of vanilla when I added the other wet ingredients but I do this if I use a box mix too.......definetly a great recipe to use!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%