Oreo Cake Filling

Baking By WAS937 Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 4:40pm by SushiMama

WAS937 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WAS937 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 11

icon_smile.gif My daughter wants a chocolate and vanilla cake with a oreo cookie filling. Does anyone have any ideas for the filling. I need something that can stand several layers. Thanks.

10 replies
phoohbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoohbear Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 11

For my Cookies and Cream filling I just use my regular buttercream and whip it with the whisk attatchment for about 4 min. or untill fluffy and then fold in crushed oreos.

WAS937 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WAS937 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 11

Thank you, that's what I thought I might do. Thanks!

jenhos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenhos Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 11

I've done the same as phoohbear and it's great!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 11

I tried something different this time. I used my vanilla buttercream but this time I added the oreo ice cream cones crushed up. This made it not too sweet with the extra filling of the oreo but still had the chocolate crunch of the oreo cookie. just a thought.

mmichelew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmichelew Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 11

I've used both buttercream & cream cheese, and the latter seems to be a bigger "hit" for my folks.

coreenag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coreenag Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:30pm
post #7 of 11

I have used the WBH buttercream and whipped in the oreos. This buttercream is not as sweet so you aren't overwhelmed with sugar icon_lol.gif

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:30pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoohbear

For my Cookies and Cream filling I just use my regular buttercream and whip it with the whisk attatchment for about 4 min. or untill fluffy and then fold in crushed oreos.

i've only done this once, but it was similar to this.
I used regular BC as filling smooth it out then crushed the oreos and laid them right on top of the BC. I thought it was the best way to see and taste the oreos, instead of mixing it with the BC. Kids loved it...adults that had a bite of it, liked it too.

HTH

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:32pm
post #9 of 11

There's a cookies & cream recipe in the recipes section that is great! It uses whipping cream and crushed oreos.

Here's the link....

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2079-Cookies--Cream-Filling.html

Also, I've made this recipe using Pastry Pride instead of the whipping cream and it is fabulous!

alittlesliceofhaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alittlesliceofhaven Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:40pm
post #10 of 11

I posted this in the recipe section, but it has not been formatted yet to show up. This is a bit sweet but sooo yummy! Plus it doesn't have to be refridgerated.

Yields a generous amount for a 9x13x2 cake.

2 jars marshmallow fluff (7 oz each)
1 cup shortening (not butter flavored)
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
15-20 Oreos crushed into small to medium pieces

4 teaspoons hot water
pinch to 1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine marshmallow fluff, shortening, powdered sugar and vanilla on high speed until fluffy.

In a sperate bowl dissolve salt in the VERY HOT water. Then add to marshmallow mixture. Mix on high until blended and fluffy (30 sec or so). The salt is to take away some of the sweetness. Too much salt and you will definitely taste salt. The hot water also helps to soften up the marshmallow/shortening combination to spread easier.

Fold in cookie pieces.

Enjoy!!!

SushiMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SushiMama Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:40pm
post #11 of 11

I put crushed oreos in vanilla IMBC. It's like eating a milkshake on a cake! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%