Ok..seriously....am I The Only One???? (Kids In School)

Lounge By twinsline7 Updated 31 Aug 2007 , 2:02am by beachcakes

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 39

who is counting down the days...and cheering at the end of each one that another one down before school starts???? icon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_twisted.gif

I have one starting kinder....another going into 2nd grade and one going into highschool....and I....well Im THRILLED!!!

Im gonna drop them all flat on their tapedshut.gif at the front door of the school and drive off with my head out the window screaming

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

granted....then I'll realize those twins are still in the back seat...so i'll go buy a 2 year calendar and start counting their days icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

38 replies
Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:55pm
post #2 of 39

I too count the days you're not alone. I also count the days when they end school. I guess the summer is great the first 2 weeks, after that you wish that school would start again. Mostly it's because they don't know what to do! I have a 4 grader, 6 grader and 8 grader. Now they went with my parents at their hunting camp for three days. I'm relaxing....

hottiemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hottiemom Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:19pm
post #3 of 39

I counted down til Back to School and now that I'm home all day by myself, I don't know what to do. They are out the door at 6:45 and I'm done with the cleaning and anything else I need too do by 11 and then I'm counting down the hours til they get home.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:57pm
post #4 of 39

Twins...you sound just like my sister. She has one in college,one in high school, one in 5th, one in 3rd, and the twins who are in preschool half a day.
She said that she would be waiting at the school doors the day they start registration. She will do the HAPPY DANCE next Tuesday when school starts. This is how she feels each year, this year more so...they had a disaster at their home and it is unlivable for at least 3 months. They are all living in a two bedroom hotel. icon_eek.gif
For me school starting is bitter sweet. My two oldest are out of school, and my youngest starts 5th next week. I know how quick the time with her is going, however, I can't wait to have a little time alone.

noley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noley Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:03pm
post #5 of 39

well, if you have so much free time you can always come over to my house and help me with mine and all the laundry and housework it takes to deal with little ones icon_smile.gif i'm just thinking of you, all alone and bored with nothing to do all day ... I wish I had one day of nothing with out feeling guilty and still doing stuff lol
Jen

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 39

I too am counting down. Although I'm not home during the day, it's still a relief for them to be in school. They have been in school now since August 7th. Boy am I glad that they go back early, but that means they get out early too icon_cry.gif . I guess I need to start planning for summer camp all over again. thumbsdown.gif

twinsline7 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:15pm
post #7 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohara

Twins...you sound just like my sister. She has one in college,one in high school, one in 5th, one in 3rd, and the twins who are in preschool half a day.
She said that she would be waiting at the school doors the day they start registration. She will do the HAPPY DANCE next Tuesday when school starts. This is how she feels each year, this year more so...they had a disaster at their home and it is unlivable for at least 3 months. They are all living in a two bedroom hotel. icon_eek.gif
For me school starting is bitter sweet. My two oldest are out of school, and my youngest starts 5th next week. I know how quick the time with her is going, however, I can't wait to have a little time alone.

ummm...Ive had our daughters kinder paper work filled out since before school ended in May!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif in fact they all looked at me funny when I turned it in....they said " you should wait til Aug to register her"....WHAT IN THE WORLD...oh no no no no!! we will register her now! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ...she is an oct baby so she had to wait a year to start icon_eek.gif ....the twins are Sept 4th...and dont you think for one second I wont be at the school districts door convincing them that the 5 by Sept 1st just wont work icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 6:31pm
post #8 of 39

I'm right there with you! I do love summer because DH is home too (he's a teacher), but by the time July rolls around I'm ready for school to start again and the daily bickering/yelling/screaming to end. DD will be in 3rd grade & DS in K this year. 7 more days!!!!!!!

-Lisa

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:38pm
post #9 of 39

You are so not alone!!!!! My two youngest DDs (9 and 4) are constantly picking on one another til the other one starts complaining to me! My oldest DD (14) doesn't want anything from me unless I take her to Starbucks, lunch or buy her a $200 purse!!!!! So she has hated me most summer because it just doesn't happen!

My 4 year old starts preschool this year 3 days a week from 9 to noon and I am so looking forward to the couple hours to myself. I know I will miss her just like I miss the others ones when they are in school but a few hours will do me some good. My husband is also deploying for 9 months the end of September so this will be my DOWN time!

I once had a neighbor who sent her DD to kindergarten and she came home crying about it. I told her it was going to be ok and that by the time summer came she would be asking when school started within 2 weeks. It took her 3 before I got the phone call as to what day school started! icon_lol.gif

We all love our kids and there isn't anything wrong with us needing them to go back to school. I have 20 more days till the older ones go and 26 till the youngest goes! thumbs_up.gif

twinsline7 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 9:48pm
post #10 of 39

I definitely love my children....but yes..the running up and down the stairs hair pulling biting screamfest they have had for the last 3 months.....they gotta go!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly can say ...if I hear one more scream...or tattle from a 5 or 7 yr old on a 3 yr old....i will have to start running up and down the stairs, pull hair,bite and have a screamfest of my own !!!!

I have til the 27th when mine start! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 10:02pm
post #11 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsline7

....the twins are Sept 4th...and dont you think for one second I wont be at the school districts door convincing them that the 5 by Sept 1st just wont work icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

Does your state have anything for early admission? Our schools don't advertise it but children can be assessed if their birthday falls between Sept 1-Dec 31 of the year to start before they turn 5 in our state. I have heard that they don't often approve boys, what they do covers emotional and social stuff too no just academics.
I thought about it for my youngest but he wants to be 4 forever and never grow up so I'm pretty sure he isn't ready. icon_lol.gif

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 4:40am
post #12 of 39

hey twins my boys go back on the 27th as well!!!! this summer hasnt really been as bad as the ones in the past. my oldest going into 5th is ready for school which is odd. i cant wait though i look forward to quite time and i got you beat only one more year till my youngest goes to school then i can actually get a job!!!!

daisysn2001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisysn2001 Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 7:46am
post #13 of 39

My favorite commercial every year is the office supply one where the dad is singing "It's the most wonderful time of the year." He's dancing and the kids are pouting while he throws school supplies in the cart.

I have only 6 days left to go and I am right there with you about dropping him off and screaming YYYYAAAHHHHOOOOO! icon_lol.gif I love my son but boy will I be glad to have a few hours a day to myself.

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 11:52am
post #14 of 39

I will be doing the happy dance come the 22nd. when the two older grandsons head back to school, only have the 3 yr. old twin grandsons to babysit then. Believe me, I am counting down the years, (fall of 2010) when the twins enter first grade. I love em, more than life itself....but lord have mercy, all 4 of them pestering, screaming, fighting all during one of the hotest summers....yeah, chicka boom, chicka boom....swaying to the music of school is about to start. thumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 3:50pm
post #15 of 39

We dont start school here until after labor day! So I still have a couple more weeks to go!! My oldest will be in 1st grade, so he will be gone all day for the first time. My middle son will be in preschool. I am very excited!

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 4:08pm
post #16 of 39

Here's the thing Twinsy....at first I was like Oh, no I can wait for school to start because the three yr old will miss my 9yr old..blah blah blah. But after the day I've had with them today i'm about to wonder if she can go a week early!!!!!!!!!
If I have to hear who looked at who and why does he get to do that and Mommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm he licked me...I'm going to lose my everloving freaking mind!!!!!!!!

Whew...i feel much better now thumbs_up.gif

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 6:02pm
post #17 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysn2001

My favorite commercial every year is the office supply one where the dad is singing "It's the most wonderful time of the year." He's dancing and the kids are pouting while he throws school supplies in the cart.

I love that commercial!!!! My DH and I sing it every year now at the beginning of school!!!!!!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 7:22pm
post #18 of 39

OHHHHHH Let me tell you how happy I am!!! I am soooooo tired of the "almost" nervous breakdowns I have been going through because my oldest dd 10, and my DS, who is so lazy he wont even pick up his upper lip 14, are constantly fighting...so I don't even stop the car when I drive by their school I just tell um to jump!!! LOL J/K then my 5 year old is going to school full time this year every day..so YES that leaves me with SOOOOOO much time to do everything I need to do.....then when they get home I am getting ready for their next day at school, cause by the end of the night I am ready to camp out at the school.....NOPE I don't feel bad...ya think they feel bad about making my day a living he##? lol....I love um.....but I love my sanity also icon_smile.gif

Tweetycup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweetycup Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 8:20pm
post #19 of 39

I'm in the minority!! I don't want to have to get up early every day to get them to school. My boys are outside all day - everyday and only come in to eat, so I don't have any problems with them (8 & 9 yrs old) My DD on the other hand (12 yrs old) I would have sent her back a week after summer started!!

wgoat5 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 8:25pm
post #20 of 39

now that I said all of that I wonder if my mom and dad felt the same way about me icon_confused.gif lol

mommykicksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommykicksbutt Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 10:27pm
post #21 of 39

Mixed feelings.

Schedule changes ... I home school my 10 y.o. (the last year doing so I think). There are pros and cons. I don't get time to myself much.

I love school starting 'cuz my sales increase! I love the extra $$.

anyone else homeschool?

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 7:02pm
post #22 of 39

I did my little HAPPY DANCE on Monday!!!!!! (No more "he took my toy", "he hit me", "but, he touched the remote, so I just barely pushed him...." - ARRRRRRRRRRGH!) The teachers at the crosswalk laughed at me & told me to enjoy my day! Mine are 1st, 4th, 6th, all boys. God really has a sense of humor... icon_confused.gif I love my kids, I love my kids, I love my kids...as someone with 6 kids once told me, "I wouldn't give a nickel for another one, but I wouldn't take a million dollars for the ones I've got!"

I don't know...a million? icon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 7:05pm
post #23 of 39

LMAO @ Brenda

mommykicksbutt Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:03pm
post #24 of 39

LOLROF!!! too funny Brenda!

meredetrois Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meredetrois Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:04pm
post #25 of 39

My kids have been in school for two weeks. I was so ready for them to go back! They fought non-stop most of the summer. thumbsdown.gif

mommykicksbutt Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:09pm
post #26 of 39

there is always summer camp next!

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:44pm
post #27 of 39

Summer camp is great! My oldest was gone a week to Boy Scout camp, he & #2 were a week at church camp, then 2 weeks of day camp here in town (same hours as school)! Just me & #3 for most of that time, then that ended...the fighting began!

twinsline7 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 9:26pm
post #28 of 39

ok...mine started Monday.....ALL 3 of the oldest....our mother hen finally made it to kindergarten.....the first day it was very quiet...and "odd" with her gone.....the second day the twins realized....heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...there is no Sissy here to catch everything Momy DOESN'T catch so lets do EVVVVVVVERYTHING! ...omg seriously...Id trade these two in day care for those 3 at home any day!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif at least with the 5, 7, and 15 I can ground them or take something away and they run to their room to pout or take their lumps and sit quietly.....but thing one and thing two....I swear the screaming beast has awaken inside of them! icon_cry.gif

mommykicksbutt Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 2:19am
post #29 of 39

twinsline7,

so when does Thing 1 & Thing 2 start school? Next year maybe?

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 30 Aug 2007 , 4:57pm
post #30 of 39

You are not alone! Here in Texas we had a long summer! With all the rain we had a bit of a boring summer not to mention that we renovated our kitchen and master bath. I was just praying for patience until the arrival of the 27th! It's now the 4th day of school and we have a 3 day weekend because of labor day. . .argh. I love my kiddo but it gets rough around here. He thinks that just beacuse I work at home I can run around all day! Thank God for school!

Elle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%