Double Character Cake: Dora & Scooby. Any Ideas?

Decorating By emi Updated 13 Jul 2005 , 3:21am by emi

emi Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 12

I need to make a double character cake for a 5 yr old boy. He wants Dora and Scooby Doo on a 9 x 13 pan. Any ideas will be helpful. Thanks.

11 replies
Andicake Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 12

What about doing 2 BCT next to each other?

KATE39 Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 12

Andicake is right. Do two bct - one on one side and the other on the other side and write "Happy Birthday" in the middle of the two bcts

smileyface Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 12

I agree, 2 BCT will work just fine. I have done two cakes with two BCTs on them, a buzz & woody and a batman & flash. The BOYS loved their cakes. You can see them in my pictures or under the childrens birthday gallery. Also did a Dora BCT if you want that temple let me know. It was just the face not the whole body.

Have fun!

emi Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 7:41pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks for responding. I also thought of the same idea, but not with BCT. I thought of doing the characters with filled in stars. Any ideas as far as the backround around the characters? I don't want to have flowers, since its for a boy.
How about some swirtls mixed in with the pow prints?

KATE39 Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 7:44pm
post #6 of 12

Emi that would work. The swirls mixed in with paw prints would be very good for a boy. I can't wait to see the picture of it done.

smileyface Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 7:47pm
post #7 of 12

I think paw prints and stars, clouds or something along those lines will work. I know Dora is always chasing stars around on her cartoon show. Looking forward to seeing this one.

emi Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 7:53pm
post #8 of 12

Again, thanks. Tha cake is for this Saturday and I'll have the picture on this site this weekend.

debsuewoo Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 7:58pm
post #9 of 12

It's too bad there are no pictures of Dora riding on Scooby's back.


GinaJuarez Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 8:32pm
post #10 of 12

Used paint to merge 2 photos together. Just an idea.

traci Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 10:56pm
post #11 of 12

Here is one I did of Dora and Strawberry Shortcake. Maybe you could put some bones or bats for Scooby and maybe draw a packpack for Dora. I also like doing swirls...and you could do the borders with green or red...that would not be too girly!

emi Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 3:21am
post #12 of 12

Wow. Thanks for your great ideas, and beautiful pictures. I'm 90% sure of what I want to do, and the other 10% I'll just have to figure out as I'm doing the cake. I'll post the picture this weekend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%