Double Character Cake: Dora & Scooby. Any Ideas?

Decorating By emi Updated 13 Jul 2005 , 3:21am by emi

emi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emi Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 12

I need to make a double character cake for a 5 yr old boy. He wants Dora and Scooby Doo on a 9 x 13 pan. Any ideas will be helpful. Thanks.
Emi

11 replies
Andicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andicake Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 12

What about doing 2 BCT next to each other?

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 12

Andicake is right. Do two bct - one on one side and the other on the other side and write "Happy Birthday" in the middle of the two bcts

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 12

I agree, 2 BCT will work just fine. I have done two cakes with two BCTs on them, a buzz & woody and a batman & flash. The BOYS loved their cakes. You can see them in my pictures or under the childrens birthday gallery. Also did a Dora BCT if you want that temple let me know. It was just the face not the whole body.

Have fun!

emi Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 7:41pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks for responding. I also thought of the same idea, but not with BCT. I thought of doing the characters with filled in stars. Any ideas as far as the backround around the characters? I don't want to have flowers, since its for a boy.
How about some swirtls mixed in with the pow prints?
Emi

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 7:44pm
post #6 of 12

Emi that would work. The swirls mixed in with paw prints would be very good for a boy. I can't wait to see the picture of it done.

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 7:47pm
post #7 of 12

I think paw prints and stars, clouds or something along those lines will work. I know Dora is always chasing stars around on her cartoon show. Looking forward to seeing this one.

emi Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 7:53pm
post #8 of 12

Again, thanks. Tha cake is for this Saturday and I'll have the picture on this site this weekend.
Emi

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 7:58pm
post #9 of 12

It's too bad there are no pictures of Dora riding on Scooby's back.

Debbi

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 8:32pm
post #10 of 12

Used paint to merge 2 photos together. Just an idea.
LL

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 10:56pm
post #11 of 12

Here is one I did of Dora and Strawberry Shortcake. Maybe you could put some bones or bats for Scooby and maybe draw a packpack for Dora. I also like doing swirls...and you could do the borders with green or red...that would not be too girly!
traci
LL

emi Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 3:21am
post #12 of 12

Wow. Thanks for your great ideas, and beautiful pictures. I'm 90% sure of what I want to do, and the other 10% I'll just have to figure out as I'm doing the cake. I'll post the picture this weekend.
Emi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%