I Just Want To Pout A Little

Decorating By LittleMom Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 8:35pm by aliciag

LittleMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleMom Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 10

I got my very first request for advice/instructions on how to make one of my cakes. I was so proud!

I excitedly gave advice - so happy! Somebody liked one of MY cakes so much they wanted help from ME! I never thought that would happen!

After that? NOTHING! No 'thank you', no pic of the finished product, they didn't even leave a comment for me on the cake they liked! icon_cry.gif

Phooey! What a way to ruin my first proud cake moment.

9 replies
Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 10

Don't let rudness ruin your proud moment, sometimes people just don't think about saying thank you and please.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 10

1st --- feel happy someone asked.

and

2nd -- re: no response

I feel for you as in "join the club"

Yes, it hurts!

It frustrates!

Makes me, and I bet you too, want to do the "I'm taking MY ball and going home! ::stick out tongue!!!:: NAH!"

despite all who have thanked me, it DOES hurt when the others I have helped don't. countless posts where I've given assistance and as you say..NO response at all.

-----

Chin up -- keep helping. There ARE those who are grateful and pooey on the rest of them!

jl5949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jl5949 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 6:04pm
post #4 of 10

I just looked at your cakes (which are very pretty) to make sure that It wasn't me icon_wink.gif . I think sometimes people just get wrapped up in things. Don't take it personal... I'm sure it was just an oversite.

LittleMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleMom Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks for listening, I feel better now!

Everyone everywhere feels unappreciated sometimes. Heck, I'm a mom, I'm used to it!

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:05pm
post #6 of 10

That's awesome that someone asked you....and yes, stinky that they didn't say thanks!!!

AND...as an aside.....DOUG...YOU ROCK.....i'll say THANK YOU for everyone who hasn't.....i've used your templates too many times to count already!!!! THANKS DOUG!!!!

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 8:14pm
post #7 of 10

Please dont take it personal. I recently did this to someone, but not on purpose. I've been making cakes for friends and family so I havent made much money. I'm trying to let my tiny business pay for itself which means I have not invested in a digital camera yet. I've borroed my mom's a lot, but sometimes she's using it.

I asked for help on a cake, then a friend took the picture for me but she had computer problems for months and could not get the picture to me until yesterday. I just wrote my helpful person to say thanks and to show her the picture, but then the picutre was too large to upload.

I am sure there was a reason. Maybe the person decided it was too difficult of their customer changed their mind.

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 8:32pm
post #8 of 10

As my Grandmama always said:
There never is an adequate excuse for poor manners!

I say Ditto thumbs_up.gif

Sandralee903 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandralee903 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 8:34pm
post #9 of 10

Frostbite Falls! Is there really a place named that? I remember Rocky & Bullwinkle going to Frostbite Falls. I love it!

Sorry for your disappointment. I looked at your cakes...they're beautiful! Love the pillar candles. What a unique idea!

aliciag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciag Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 8:35pm
post #10 of 10

It happened to me too a few times, like Doug said it hurts. icon_sad.gif
But at some point you will help someone who deserves it and they will be grateful to you, and it will all be worth it! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%