Customer Service Experiment - Interested?

Lounge By DelightsByE Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 8:56pm by Heath

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 4:49am
post #1 of 13

I hope I won't get in trouble for this (Jackie and Heath - have mercy on me!), but I am thinking of conducting a customer service experiment regarding Sugarcraft. I can't stress enough that IT IS NOTHING ILLEGAL!!!

If you're at all interested in participating, pm me and I'll give you more details.

Liz
Delights By E

12 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 5:05am
post #2 of 13

It is probably better to leave it alone. If you need products find another seller. It won't accomplish anything to prove their customer service is as bad as others claim.

DelightsByE Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 5:11am
post #3 of 13

No - not exactly what I was thinking. I am thinking about an anonymous letter writing campaign, so they receive copies of the same letter postmarked from all over the country (world?) showing them just how far-reaching their problems are. Maybe they will see the light and realize how damaging their actions, practices and policies are to the company as a whole.....

DelightsByE Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:17am
post #4 of 13

Is anyone else interested in helping with this? I've had several participants but could really use more!

Kathyf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathyf Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:48am
post #5 of 13

I just read a post of yours where you show such compassion for someone who has suffered from a house fire and on the other hand you're doing something anonymously that will inflame an already volatile situation?

DelightsByE Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:23pm
post #6 of 13

I am NOT trying to inflame this situation. I am trying to find another way to enlighten Sugarcraft to the fact that their business will suffer from this, because they seem to think it won't. After reading how some others of us tried to reach out to them and take the high road, only to be met with hostility, this is another way to have the same thing communicated to them but so that they cannot lash out by personally attacking the sender (whether by rude comments or blocking from their website as examples). Perhaps it won't work. But perhaps it will.

I am a very caring person, and as such I can't personally stand to see people like this just get away with acting like this. Since other methods haven't worked, this might.

The letter I have composed is not mean, cruel, or hostile. It is not meant to personally attack anyone, even them. It is meant to illustrate how their actions and behavior have affected the community as a whole.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 6:09pm
post #7 of 13

Sorry-- I have to agree with KathyF on this one. It does seem particularly cruel. Pouring salt in an already open and festering wound! I am sure they already know how we feel. This just seems cruel.

DelightsByE Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 6:17pm
post #8 of 13

But isn't the wound OURS - not THEIRS?? I honestly believe they are not feeling wounded in any way. My thought is not to cause them harm, just to perhaps get them to really take notice.

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 6:34pm
post #9 of 13

I say vote with your pocketbook. They can't change if they have to lose face to do so. I'm sure if they're pestered, it will only reinforce their opinion of CC members.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 6:51pm
post #10 of 13

Whether rightfully so or NOT (I believe not) 'They' feel they have been wounded by 'us'. I personally think SC thrust that knife in their own back-- but.... I think that if we continue to not buy with them then the message will be received. Without us needing to further aggrevate the situation.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 8:14pm
post #11 of 13

I would prefer if things like this were organized in private correspondence solely due to any legal implications that could arise from our being connected to it.

Since it is a project we cannot control, it is important that our company name not be affiliated with the initiative if you decide to go forward.

DelightsByE Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 8:40pm
post #12 of 13

Heath I could not agree with you more. NO names are in the letter I drafted, especially CC's name. No connection to CC is even implied. The letter simply identifies the sender as a concerned consumer.

I also suggested in my OP that if someone IS interested, they can PM me, thus keeping it private. If someone does not wish to participate, he or she is not compelled to do so. I understand wholeheartedly if some members disagree with this tactic. The ability to discuss different points of view in an honest, open forum is what makes CC so great.

I don't wish to be judged for believing this might work to an extent. And if it does not, then it does not.

I might just make mention of the fact that, last time I checked, the original thread Heath started now has 29 pages of posts from people who feel negatively affected by this situation. All these people have vented here, which is terrific (another thing that makes CC so great), but what is all this venting accomplishing? SC feels they don't need CC customers. So CC members opinions are disregarded out of hand. BUT if they receive a number of anonymous letters, and cannot point to CC as the connection, perhaps they may realize the problem extends OUTSIDE the cesspool, that maybe they are pi**ing off OTHER categories of customer. And this will transcend the Cake Central problem they have and cause them to take some other action.

And even if it doesn't - we're no worse off than we are now. I think there are a LOT of members here who would love to get there feelings off their chest, but in a manner that the source of the problem is aware of how they feel without risk of being flamed.

Haven't you ever wanted someone to know how you felt about them - but didn't want to have to tell them? This is kind of like that.

So - participate if you want, and PM me. If you don't want to participate, that is completely understandable. But please don't flame ME for wanting to try something else that might work where other approaches have not.

Heath - if you'd like to lock this thread, that would be OK. Can it still be made visible so people can PM me if they choose?

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 8:56pm
post #13 of 13

locked but still visible..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%