2 1/2 - 3 cups...

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 5:45pm
post #33 of 42

i usually use 3 1/2 to 4 cups.

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 5:49pm
post #34 of 42

I've been shortcutting w/cake mix and to do two rounds w/ one cake mix is at best 2 1/2 c each. I guess I'll either combine two or make from scratch and try the weighted cookie sheet on top...I'll let you all know how it goes icon_smile.gif

caduchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caduchi Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 5:54pm
post #35 of 42

Ok here is my input. I read it some were but i can't remember were. When baking your cake you use a size bigger pan to cover it.

Now i was like sure that should help, but i have to say i tried it and the cake came perfect didn't have to level nothing. But let me add i got the Wilton Perfect pans from my mother in law and they are great. Hope this help in some way.

edcjenv Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 6:01pm
post #36 of 42

caduchi, cover it while it's cooling or as it's baking?

caduchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caduchi Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 6:09pm
post #37 of 42

As it's baking, worked great for me. you have to spray the bigger pan then place it over the one with the bather and put it in the oven.

The smashing thing never heard of it, but the cookie sheet with weights on it did that one too and that works great too.

Good luck and let me now how it turns out thumbs_up.gif

edcjenv Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 6:12pm
post #38 of 42

I love CC!!! You're all so helpful
thank you
thank you
thank you
icon_smile.gif

richardskathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
richardskathy Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 6:13pm
post #39 of 42

I GENTLY glide my hands across the cake while protecting the cake and my hands. Cake top is covered with wax paper and then I cover this with a large towel (hand towel or dish cloth just so I do not burn my hands). I have used the wax paper box instead of a towel to smooth the excess air out of the cake-If using the wax paper box, place the box in the middle of the cake on top of the wax paper and gently push and glide the box over the cake top to remove the excess hot air. I LOVE THIS METHOD!!

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 6:17pm
post #40 of 42

edcjenv - make sure you are putting the right amount of batter in your pans. The cup amounts are all in the wilton books, and somewhere on CC and Wilton sites too. I felt dumb measuring batter once I started, but I find it gives the most predictable results. Besides, any leftover I make into cupcakes and then I get to "sample" my cakes before turning them over to the buyer!

edcjenv Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 6:18pm
post #41 of 42

Will do...thanx ellec!

Mylene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mylene Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 6:19pm
post #42 of 42

THANK YOU!!!!
Lisa, Misdawn, and sheilaattaway

Well I don't know if this related....
I remember this kind of method by cooking the beef. My folks used to put a fork inside a pot while boiling the beef since we don't have a pressure cooker. And it works.
Just sharing icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%