Anyone Here From Ontario, Canada

Business By cindylou2 Updated 14 Aug 2007 , 6:03pm by Jenteach

cindylou2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindylou2 Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 13

I've been searching for someone to bake a cake for my daughters 6th birthday and I cant seem to find anyone near me. I dotn want to use Fortinos or Longo's cause I want something special for her and I'm bored with their cakes. LOL

can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

12 replies
Jenteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenteach Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 13

Where in Ontario are you located?

Jen

cindylou2 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:14am
post #3 of 13

I'm in Burlington.

geegee75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
geegee75 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:31am
post #4 of 13

When do you need the cake by?

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:32am
post #5 of 13

I am in Ottawa...too bad..it's a bit of a drive for delivery icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

There are a few members in TO though...

cindylou2 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:36am
post #6 of 13

I would need it for my daughters birthday party on Saturday.her birthday is actually on Wednesday but it is just family so I've ordered an ice cream cake from DQ. I just wanted something special for her party with her friends.
She's changed her mind now though and wants Barbie Swan lake instead of Bratz. Ive been searching online to try and find a nice Barbie swan lake cake. It loosk like I may have to go into Fortinos and but a cake with an edible image.

cindylou2 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:37am
post #7 of 13

I would need it for my daughters birthday party on Saturday.her birthday is actually on Wednesday but it is just family so I've ordered an ice cream cake from DQ. I just wanted something special for her party with her friends.
She's changed her mind now though and wants Barbie Swan lake instead of Bratz. Ive been searching online to try and find a nice Barbie swan lake cake. It looks like I may have to go into Fortinos and buy a cake with an edible image.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:54am
post #8 of 13

I'm in the area but I'm heading up north this week.

cindylou2 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 4:00am
post #9 of 13

Awww, thats too bad. Maybe I can call on you another time for a cake. Where do you live?

leenaj27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leenaj27 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 4:25am
post #10 of 13

Funny you should say you're in Burlington - as I am a Burlingtonian, born and raised - though I've been married and in Chicago the past 6 years. (though I am headed to Burlington this weekend) Anyways - if it's not too late, I did a google search and came up with a cake artist in Oakville, her work is quite amazing - at least, her website would seem to indicate amazing talent:

www.kathydvorski.com

Good luck!

DarthLaurie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DarthLaurie Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 11:55am
post #11 of 13

There is another site.....www.cakescanada.com, there are some amazingly talented cake decorators there.

Good luck.

cindylou2 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 1:26pm
post #12 of 13

Thankyou so much fr the info ladies! Its a huge help!

Jenteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenteach Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 6:03pm
post #13 of 13

I'm actually in Burlington too, but I'm in the process of moving and I have all my cake decorating stuff packed away..... icon_sad.gif That's too bad because I would have loved to have done it for her....

Jen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%