Please Help! Should I Change My Biz Name

Business By mnmmommy Updated 11 Oct 2006 , 9:08pm by Schmoop

mnmmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnmmommy Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 12

I finally settled on Serendipity Cakes for my name. I really like it but since I have been telling people they are like, "how do you spell that?" Should I change it? I have some other ideas, but I just got my website(which is a mess, don't know what I am doing there) and things like that. Any suggestions?

11 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 12

I love the name.......I wouldn't change it!

FunCakesVT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FunCakesVT Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 2:33pm
post #3 of 12

Sounds fun. Think of it this way - at least people are listening, and if they are asking how to spell it, they are interested and will have better recall! Good luck!

Cookie_Brookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie_Brookie Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 12

I like the name, don't change it. Maybe you should make up a bunch of business cards and hand them out to everyone that way they know how to spell it and you can make sure they have your number.

kerririchards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerririchards Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 12

I like it - and I have absolutely no problem spelling it, but then spelling was always a strong subject for me. Doesn't serendipity mean that you find one thing unexpectedly while looking for another?

LSUmomma36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LSUmomma36 Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 12

I think the name is awesome, don't change it. But do get you some cards printed up to be available to hand out to those that ask about your cakes. Thats what I did and it has proven to be helpful

ellepal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellepal Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 2:43pm
post #7 of 12

I have to say, I have a business with a hard name to spell (Clarencedale Cake), and it gets laborious repeating over and over. However, with that said, everyone should already know how to spell Serendipity...something learned back in 6th grade! It is an ultra cool name......I love it!

mnmmommy Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 3:00pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks everyone, I have always liked that word for some reason. I just think it's fun to say. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't put the cart before the horse since I had already gotten the domain name and biz cards. Serendipity means the art of finding the pleasantly unexpected by chance or the randomness of fate. Do you think the meaning is okay for a cake biz?

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 3:10pm
post #9 of 12

I think it's great for a cake biz.
Plus, it's a cute nice word that envokes pleasant thoughts.

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 3:32pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmmommy

TSerendipity means the art of finding the pleasantly unexpected by chance or the randomness of fate.

It was a good movie too!!

mnmmommy Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 9:02pm
post #11 of 12

I know I love that movie too!

www.serendipitycakes.com

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 9:08pm
post #12 of 12

Don't change it! It is a cool name and away from the norm I see around my town...Cakes by (insert name here)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%