Need Whipped/not Too Sweet Frosting For Wedding Cake!

Decorating By mmunzmarie Updated 10 Oct 2006 , 2:02pm by debbie2881

mmunzmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmunzmarie Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone! I had so much help with my daughters birthday cakes, I thought I could bug you guys again and ask for help with my brothers wedding cake. This will be my 1st wedding cake and I am sooo nervous! I have also volunteered to do the groom cake (going to try to make a replica of Ace of Cakes rocker hand!), the bride cake and the bridal shower cake!! This will be a lot of cake for a beginner!

But, my 1st question is does anyone have a frosting recipe I could use that is whipped and not too sweet to cover the three tier wedding cake? The cake will be indoors on March the 24th. I do not plan to do any decorations with this frosting, I will only use it to cover the cakes. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!! I just cant seem to find a recipe that has a whipped consistency and not sweet! Thanks so much!! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 3

check out this recipe

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2019-Whipped-Cream-Buttercream-Frosting.html

if you type whipped cream buttercream in the search you will find alot of threads on this frosting. its whipped cream texture and not overly sweet and it does not have to be refrigerated and it also crusts a little so that you can use the viva to smooth it, just let it sit for about 10-15 mins and then smooth with viva papertowel if you need to. most of the cakes in my photos are done with this frosting.

you have lots of cakes to make, goodluck with them all.

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 2:02pm
post #3 of 3

i forgot to mention the recipe makes 8 cups of frosting not the 3 cups that it says.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%