Gum Paste Gardenias

Decorating By sisspence Updated 30 Apr 2013 , 2:32pm by rowantree

formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 4:49pm
post #61 of 86

Thanks Glenda. Your gardenia is just as beautiful as your roses are. I will be using the dvd this weekend to practice. I'll post some pictures when I get some roses made.

AuntieG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieG Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 6:04pm
post #62 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerbuckeye

Thanks Glenda. Your gardenia is just as beautiful as your roses are. I will be using the dvd this weekend to practice. I'll post some pictures when I get some roses made.

I am looking forward to seeing your results. Remember to really squeeze hard when you are forming your cones for the rose base, and don't start curling your petals too soon.

sisspence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisspence Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:49am
post #63 of 86

AuntieG,
I still dont know why step by step pics want post. I tried everything.

AuntieG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieG Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 2:49am
post #64 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisspence

AuntieG,
I still dont know why step by step pics want post. I tried everything.

Thanks for trying. I am terrible at posting pictures~~you can tell by the numbers of gardenia pictures I somehow managed to post.

evaruggiero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evaruggiero Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 6:30pm
post #65 of 86

Thank you so much for posting the instructions!

wylieke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wylieke Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 12:30pm
post #66 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieG

Hi,

I did a demonstration on gum paste Gardenias at the recent ICES Convention in Omaha. If you would like a copy of my handout, let me know how I can email or otherwise post it, and I will be glad to send it to you.

Glenda Galvez

Could use please send me a copy of that as well..... [email protected]
Thanks....it is my grandmothers 92nd birthday and they are her favorite flower!

nkulscar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nkulscar Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 11:10pm
post #67 of 86

Would you be kind enough to forward them to me as well? [email protected]

Thank you!

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:52am
post #68 of 86

The instructions and pictures of the finished flower are on pages 3 and 4 of this post. icon_smile.gif

Thank you Glenda, you are very kind. I am looking forward to trying your gumpaste recipe. It looks great! icon_biggrin.gif

Pat

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 1:48pm
post #69 of 86

Glenda, I am SO looking forward to your demo in Austin in a few months!! icon_smile.gif Your work is amazing.

Sherri

CherylJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylJ Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 6:23pm
post #70 of 86

Could you send me the directions too? Thanks!!

[email protected]

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 6:38pm
post #71 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylJ

Could you send me the directions too? Thanks!!

[email protected]

The directions are posted on page 3 of this post, and the picture is on page 4.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 2:22pm
post #72 of 86

I would like the know how to do this flower, [email protected]

of course fondant and I DO NOT get along, since I did my class cake, I just had so much trouble with it, was too thick and was hard for me...but am willing to learn on my own.

thanks!!!

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 2:43pm
post #73 of 86

Please send me the instructions [email protected]. Thanks!

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 2:45pm
post #74 of 86

Please send it to me also at
[email protected]
Thanks so much!!

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 2:45pm
post #75 of 86

Please send it to me also at
[email protected]
Thanks so much!!

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 3:02pm
post #76 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerbuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieG

Hi,

Glenda Galvez

AuntieG: I would love a copy of the instructions. You can email them to me at [email protected]. I just today received and finished watching your dvd on roses and pearl edged bows. You are fantastic!!! Thanks so much.

Sandra

I was wondering, what DVD are you talking about?? Does Auntie G have a DVD?? Auntie G, how would I be able to get one?? I would love it! If I can order it that would be wonderful, I always need help with my flowers!!! By the way, in the instructions for the Gardenia, are there pics that go along with the steps? If so can I be sent them, I know that you have lots of requests for this, if you do have time, can you please send them to me?? [email protected].. Thanks so much!!

formerbuckeye Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:52pm
post #77 of 86

jessfmaldonado: Glenda does have a DVD that shows how to make her beautiful rose and also a ribbon that is bordered by pears. Here is a link to the site where you can purchase the DVD: http://www.auntglendascakes.com/video.html

Sandra

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:06pm
post #78 of 86

auntieg can you send me the instructions also. maybe I can figure out the picture part of the post.

Thanks,

Judi

[email protected]

formerbuckeye Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:11pm
post #79 of 86

Glenda's ribbon is bordered by pearls....not pears. LOL Sorry.

fertluv3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fertluv3 Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 10:44pm
post #80 of 86

Thanks so much for posting the instructions and pictures!

ChristineJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristineJ Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 12:53am
post #81 of 86

Hello. Could I also have a copy. Been trying to learn how to make them for a long time. Thank you. Chris [email protected]

lulu07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lulu07 Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 12:06am
post #82 of 86

would you b soo kind n send them to me also pls
n thank you [email protected]

dornosfam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dornosfam Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 12:00am
post #83 of 86

Could someone please send me the step by step instructions on making gumpaste gardenias. I have been searching all over for instructions. I would appreciate it. [email protected]

tjbklb01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tjbklb01 Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 1:29pm
post #84 of 86

Glenda, could you possibly send me your gardenia handout that includes pictures?  Thanks!  [email protected]

rowantree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rowantree Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 2:29pm
post #85 of 86

Here's another copy of the instructions--thay are originally back on page three of these posts:

LL

Begin by forming a shallow bowl approximately 5 inches in diameter from aluminum foil.

Next, cut and vein three to five leaves from gum paste that has been colored dark green. I used a large rose petal
cutter. To give them a pretty sheen, brush with a mixture of dark green color mixed with lemon extract or Everclear alcohol. Arrange them in the center of the foil bowl. Slightly overlap at the bases of the leaves, and moisten where they overlap with a small amount of gum glue.

Thin and stretch 6 petals. Roll the long sides under and attach to the leaves with a small amount of gum glue. Space them equally. These petals are what gives the Gardenia its characteristic pinwheel look.

Next, shape a short, plump cone of gumpaste and set aside. Using a round cutter approximately one inch in diameter cut 5 small round petals from gumpaste rolled medium thin. Slightly thin the edges, then vein with a rose petal veiner brushed with a small amount of Silk White luster dust. Attach the petals in a spiral shape around the cone. Cut away any excess from the bottom and set aside. Allow the cone to dry while you prepare the remainder of the petals.

Using a round cutter approximately two inches in diameter cut approximately 12 petals from gumpaste rolled medium thin. Slightly thin the edges and vein with a rose petal veiner lightly dusted with Silk White luster dust. As you finish each petal, lay it on either large bubble wrap, or egg crate type foam. This will allow the petals to firm up and dry slightly in a more natural shape. Before the petals are too dry, begin attaching them in a circular, overlapping pattern on top of the leaves. Prop some of the petals with small pieces of tissue, foam, or fiber batting to give them some movement.

When you have completed the circle of petals, slightly moisten the bottom of your finished cone and place it in the center of the petals. Add more petals as needed to blend in the cone. Be sure to maintain the spiral effect that is unique to the Gardenia.

rowantree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rowantree Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 2:32pm
post #86 of 86

If someone has the original instruction images, I'm happy to try to post them--send me the e-mail to baker1 at rowantreebakery.com.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%