How Long Are The Loran's Oil Good For...

Decorating By jscakes Updated 15 Jul 2005 , 3:14pm by jscakes

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 10 Jul 2005 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 6

I've found some of the flavoring oils among some things I bought last year from a lady in Montana and was wondering how long they last. I don't know how long she had them as she used to work in the Albertsons bakery at one time and then she baked cakes at home. I do not know how old they are to begin with!

They were all sealed, but I broke a seal to smell of it and it smelled good...but I am one to follow the "if in doubt" rule! Because they are flavored oils, would that be different as far as lasting?

Just to give you a clue as to how long the other stuff had been in there, a bottle of Crescent brand Rum flavoring had a price mark of $.45 icon_eek.gif and the price on the Lemon oil was $.72!!! The bottle is 1 dram size...whatever that may be!

I'm pretty sure these bottles are going to be put up in my "vintage container" collection! icon_wink.gif

5 replies
gateaux_beau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux_beau Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 6

I asked the resident expert here and she says they are good indefinately. When they do go bad they will smell like turpentine. If they smell alright you can go on and us them.

jscakes Posted 15 Jul 2005 , 1:32am
post #3 of 6

icon_biggrin.gif Thanks gateaux_beau for your help with this, now I won't be too awfully afraid to use them! thumbs_up.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 15 Jul 2005 , 5:51am
post #4 of 6

Jscakes, If I knew anything about that I would be happy to help.... I haven't used oils yet. Do you know anything about a champagne flavoring? I've heard that it is wonderful in cakes. Hope you got the answer you were needing~ icon_smile.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 15 Jul 2005 , 8:33am
post #5 of 6

TC, I don't know anything about the champagne flavor, but it is available at lorannoils.com. Janice

jscakes Posted 15 Jul 2005 , 3:14pm
post #6 of 6

tc; I know nothing about champagne flavor other than what I've read on here.
I'm going to open these little tiny bottles and flavor things for experiments now!!
Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%