You Are Missing Out Big Time!!!!

Baking By MillyCakes Updated 17 Oct 2006 , 2:58am by czyadgrl

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 24

I know this has been a topic discussed quite recently, BUT if you have not added Vanilla Chai Spice to your plain white cake recipe yet - YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!!!!!!!!

It is WONDERFUL!!!!! I made a cake this weekend to try this new flavor out and I got SIX orders for the holiday season!!!

Try it! I put 3 tablespoons in the mix instead of the suggested 2. My mix was large enough for one 14" by 3" round with just a small amount left over for two cupcakes.

Please try - even if only for your personal cake needs!!!!

23 replies
Landa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Landa Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 24

Is this a powder or liquid?

fabbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabbo Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 24

I tried putting it in creamcheese frosting with a spice cake with apple filling. It was so good and everyone wanted to know what was in the frosting. I'll be trying it in a cake soon.

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 24

It is a powder, but it comes in a liquid form as well. I think you could just replace some of your normal liquid with the coffee mate if you could not find the powder form.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:25pm
post #5 of 24

Where do you buy it?? I'd like to try some.

fabbo Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:30pm
post #6 of 24

You can get it at the grocery store. I get it at my super Walmart. It's a special edition along with the coconut creme so I don't know how ling there're available for. Probably awhile.

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:30pm
post #7 of 24

Yes, please share on where to find this must have!

licia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
licia Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:31pm
post #8 of 24

bump, yeah me too

Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:32pm
post #9 of 24

Awwwh darn..Our Walmarts here in Canada don't carry it!!! Poo!!

Landa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Landa Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:32pm
post #10 of 24

What brand is it? I need to go out today so I would like to try it.

peterlori1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peterlori1 Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:36pm
post #11 of 24

Kiddiecakes,

Can you get the Chai Tea liquid base that you mix with milk? It comes in a box and is usually in the coffee and tea section of the store. I used that in place of the liquid and it turned out yummy.

tazzack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tazzack Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:38pm
post #12 of 24

Yeah we have to buy the liquid coffee mate up here...I tried the
Toffee-vanilla- caramel in my white cake and everyone LOVED it!!! I replaced a cup of water with the creamer. VERY YUMMY!!!!

fabbo Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:39pm
post #13 of 24

You should be able to get it where they sell coffeemate brand creamer, that's who makes it. They have a liquid or powder. I've seen it at jewlels too. That's all they have in my town.

tazzack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tazzack Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:40pm
post #14 of 24

nope just the liquid here as far as I can find!!

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:43pm
post #15 of 24

If it tastes that good hopefully it won't be taken off the market soon. icon_cry.gif I will be trying that one soon. Thanks for the info. thumbs_up.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:45pm
post #16 of 24

Thanks Peterlori1,

I'll try looking there!!

auntsushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsushi Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:55pm
post #17 of 24

I can't wait to try this......and yes, I think the OREGON CHAI brand of chai tea (liquid) would taste really good, too (it's in the coffee and tea section of the grocery store - in a purple box). I can't remember what color the vanilla is in.

For those who aren't aware, this time of year, Coffeemate also makes a Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer and Eggnog Creamer. Oh, YUM, huh? I'm going to try both of these in a cake and/or icing. Can't wait. I think both of them will go over very big around Thanksgiving and Christmas !!

Suzanne

fabbo Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 3:03pm
post #18 of 24

I already saw the pumpkin spice and peppermint mocha in the liquid, not powder icon_cry.gif I got them anyway. I've never had so much coffee creamer in my house before. I gotta stop reading the ideas on here icon_lol.gif

margery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margery Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 3:15pm
post #19 of 24

thank you--can't wait to try these combinations just in time for the holidays!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 8:27pm
post #20 of 24

thanks for the info, I have to run to the store soon so guess I'll buy some then.

dollop72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dollop72 Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:22am
post #21 of 24

me too! Sounds awesome! So, like you just add 3 TBS powder to the cake mix?

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 2:42am
post #22 of 24

made the cake and it's good. I'm not really a chia fan so it's alright to me but my DH doesn't eat white cake and he LOVED it! Even said in 2 weeks to make it again icon_confused.gif who is this man in my DH's body, he normally will only eat choc. cake. Anyways I made mine with a DH white cake mix and used milk instead of water and added 3 TBP. of the powdered creamer. I paired it with a cinnamon buttercream. It doesn't have an overpowering sweet flavor and that is what I like about it.

margery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margery Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 1:46am
post #23 of 24

can anyone tell me if they've tried this in frosting? i've made the cake--but want to try this...

thanks!

margery

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 2:58am
post #24 of 24

I can't claim to be the originator of this (and sorry CC members, I can't remember who posted it a few weeks ago!)

But I used strong chai tea as the liquid in my white cake. Holy cow. Sooooo good. One of my favorites (and there was no chocolate involved! LOL)

So you can get a box of chai tea bags and make up super-strong tea before starting on the cake. I also added a little bit of cinamon and ginger to the mix as well.

For buttercream, I just added cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg (just a tiny bit of each).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%