New Website!

Business By jreimer Updated 10 Aug 2007 , 7:45pm by jreimer

jreimer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jreimer Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 15

I just wanted to tell everyone - I'm pretty excited - that we just launched our bakery's website - www.PedrettisBakery.com - please check it out and provide any comments/constructive critism - I'm open to suggestions. In the cake gallery - I'm still in the process of adding popups and their descriptions to each cake - but eventually I'll get that finished.

www.PedrettisBakery.com

CHECK IT OUT icon_smile.gif

14 replies
yh9080 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yh9080 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 15

Looks great! I got hungry just reading your menu! The only suggestion I have would be to add cake flavors.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 15

I like how you can click on some of your wedding cakes and get detailed info about the size of the cake "as shown". I think I'll add this type of info to mine! Can you put something at the top of the page to indicate "click on photo for more details" or something, to let brides know they can do that?

Edited to ask: Are your angel food prices the price for the whole cake or per serving?

jreimer Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 15

Good suggestions - I'll add the click for more info when I get all the cake details finished... I don't want to encourage it until its complete.

I should add cake flavors - I'm really hesitant to because we only offer white and chocolate - they can get others, only if requested though and the order's large enough to constitute it.

Thanks!!!

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 15

why only white and chocolate? im looking through your website and i like the start you have! i do think it was difficult to find hte cake gallery, it didn't stand out well. just sorta blended into the rest of hte page.

PaulaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaulaT Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 15

Congrats - it's beautiful. Nice layout and easy to browse through your galleries. Our pricing is very similar. Good luck to you and happy baking. thumbs_up.gif

valora387 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valora387 Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 6:44pm
post #7 of 15

Looks great! Your cakes are gorgeous! Nice job!

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 6:48pm
post #8 of 15

Yur cakes are gorgeous!! On that note.... i think you need to up your prices on the sheet cakes. $1 a serving??? I say up the price a bit.....your cakes are worth more thumbs_up.gif

jnoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnoel Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 6:51pm
post #9 of 15

I love the overall look of your site...very clean and elegant. Your cakes are gorgeous and i agree - I really like the info you include in the pop-ups for each photo.

I think you probably know that your main URL shows a different page than if you select "home" from your other pages? I really like that photo of your storefront, but you don't see it if you just type in your regular URL.

Do you have any standard pricing for round cakes? I only ask because as a customer, I see sheet cake and angelfood pricing, and I see tiered cakes in the gallery, but I might not call you if I wanted a simple round cake because I wouldn't be sure it was something you'd do.

You may want to put what the sheet cake prices include ("includes simple buttercream decorations/flowers in your choice of colors" or something like that)

Also, maybe add a blurb under specialty cakes about your experience/philosophy with wedding cakes or your process (meet for consultation of whatever). Just something that tells people that you know what you're doing and you have professional procedures in place to make the process as easy as possible for the couple.

aupekkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aupekkle Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 6:58pm
post #10 of 15

Wonderful site! I'm impressed with all the graphics and all that you have to offer. The only thing I would have you do is check your spelling. Your Fifty-fifth anniversary cake was spelled wrong. Sorry, I've become a stickler for these things since my boss is pretty strict on this. Other than that, great site!

jreimer Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 7:07pm
post #11 of 15

More great points! I love this!!!

Another question - my husband has pointed out that the cake gallery isn't noticeable either - should it be a separate navigation header - not under cakes? I'm not sure how to make it stand out more.

I love the idea of a blurb about what I do for the specialty cakes. That's an excellent idea.

I know that the home and www.pedrettisbakery.com pages aren't the same - I went through Google Apps for my domain name (really cheap by the way $10 for hosting and registering!!) - but... I HAVE to use their template for the home page - which doesn't give me much options - so I tried to rig it up best as I could - should I get rid of the other 'home' page?

Thanks for all the compliments!! I can't up the prices on sheet cakes, as those aren't my doing - my mother-in-law is the one that owns the bakery, I just do the specialty cakes or sheet cakes if someone requests me specifically. Believe it or not - people here think we're expensive still - they complained and complained when we rose our sweets (page isn't up yet) prices up 5 cents last year - and 10 cents for our breads/buns... pretty ridiculous.

Thanks for the typo tip - I hate typos too and I looked at the 55th words for a long time and new it didn't look right but I just didn't see that I had the t and f switched. THANKS!

I do round cakes as well, but they're the same prices as my specialty cakes... I'm not sure if I should put them on there or not...

Thank you again for ALL THE TIPS! I greatly appreciate it. Once I get this weekend's wedding cake out of the way, I'm going to work on this!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

mccorda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccorda Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 7:17pm
post #12 of 15

Oops - there is a typo in the gallery of anniversary cakes. The 55th cake has "Fitfy-Fifth" it should be Fifty-Fifth.
I agree with jnoel about the main URL - when you type it in as www.pedrettisbakery.com you get one thing but when you click on "home" from within the site, you see the very nice picture of the bakery. You should have the picture on the main URL page.

Overall it looks good otherwise. Congratulations!

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 7:17pm
post #13 of 15

I love your web-site very nice

Molly2 thumbs_up.gif

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 7:22pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreimer

More great points! I love this!!!

Another question - my husband has pointed out that the cake gallery isn't noticeable either - should it be a separate navigation header - not under cakes? I'm not sure how to make it stand out more.

my suggestion would be that when you mouse over the "cakes" tab have two options pop up, one being gallery and the other being pricing. if you add more details, like consults or flavors, make those pop up under the cakes tab as well. am i making sense? LOL i hope sugarbean doesn't mind me using her site as an example, but this is what i mean:
http://www.sugarbeancakes.com/

jreimer Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 7:45pm
post #15 of 15

I would love to do the menu pulldown - its just not very easy - I'm going to take a look at sugarbean's site and see if I can make her coding work on ours. I did it for my work website www.FireFarm.com - but, we had to pay for the module.... ugh.

I'll see what I can do about making the www.pedrettisbakery.com page look like the 'home' page - I just don't think its possible though.... unfortunately in our setup.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%