Scary Dora

Decorating By VickiC Updated 4 May 2005 , 10:46pm by tcrema

VickiC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickiC Posted 23 Jan 2005 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 16

Well, since I made the suggestion for this topic I may as well tell my story of Scary Dora. This was my first attempt at a 3D character. Dora looked more like E.T than she should. The cake was for my niece and God bless her she was able to recognize Dora right away. My brother, on the other hand, told me he had nightmares that the Dora head came after him after the cake was eaten. Even after the Dora head was buried in the back yard. Even after the Dora head was taken to the recycling center. LOL! icon_lol.gif No more sculpting for me-I have no eye for proportion. There is no way I am posting this cake in the regular cake section for all to fear. Is there a way to post it in this section?

15 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 24 Jan 2005 , 2:25am
post #2 of 16

I would love to see this cake icon_biggrin.gif , will you email it to me.. I am not going to try 3D cakes. I have alot to learn. But believe me I will sure show you if I ever try. I have never taken classes, I have taught myself everything.. LOL I can only imagine what I could come up with.
Good story! thumbs_up.gif Don't give up, try it again!

zoozieqv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoozieqv Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 16

Your post really made me laugh out loud!!! Too funny!!! icon_smile.gif
Suzanna

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 16

If you want to add the picture here...
Read this sticky in the How Do I? forum
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-1341.html
It tells you how to add attachments to posts.

zoozieqv Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 16

YES!!! You should post it here....it's really easy!! It's funny or not funny how much I can appreciate everyone's stories that are out there. I always have an eyes are too big for my stomach attitude when it comes to cakes. I think....that is so easy!!! Then I try it and when I come back to cakecentral and look at the cakes I am in awe!! Cake decorating is hard and back-breaking, neck tensing, hand wringing work!!!! But it is also such a joy to be a part of someone's special day or celebration! It is a relief to know that others struggle too! icon_wink.gif

VickiC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickiC Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 5:51am
post #6 of 16

icon_lol.gif Now can you picture her staring at you from outside the kitchen window!
LL

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 7:50am
post #7 of 16

But you did such a great job at your sculpting!!! I think she's cute. How did you get the arms to look so smooth and stay upright...

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 9:37am
post #8 of 16

My brother is VERY happy to critique my cakes, and he isn't particularly gentle about it!

I think you did a great job, keep up the good work! Janice (aka veejaytx)

ps: After reading this, I am quite sure I'm not ready for 3-D cakes (I'm still trying to manage the character/shaped pans, I just posted my chocolate cottontail bunny in the Easter photos).

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 10:37am
post #9 of 16

very cute!! If I may comment, my first thought when I looked at her was she looks more like Lilo from Lilo & Stitch then Dora. But, don't get me wrong, she is very cute!!! icon_biggrin.gif well done!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 4:08pm
post #10 of 16

I think it's just amazing the way you put this cake together. She's not scary at all!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 4:14pm
post #11 of 16

I dont think she looks scary, but I can say that I had to look twice, to see if you posted the right one...but I think she looks more like LILO of lilo and stitch because of her outfit....so keep that in mind, you have a knack for doing cakes...shes cute! (edited to fix spelling)

zoozieqv Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 7:18pm
post #12 of 16

Aye Aye!! She looks good...now that the others say that, she does look like Lilo!!! I think she's cute and like you said, your neice was able to recognize her!!! Brothers are great aren't they?!?!?!?!? Keep working at it, you're very good!
Suzanna

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 7:03am
post #13 of 16

Yes, looks like Lilo to me, too.. And more like a Peanuts character proportion-wise. Keep sculpting! Have fun! Try creative things instead of trying to duplicate something maybe? icon_smile.gif

hugs,
~AngelWendy

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 9:05am
post #14 of 16

See your "scary Dora" is a "two fer" two for one deal!. Keep it up! I wish I could do something like that!

SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 8:03am
post #15 of 16

First thing I thought when I saw it was, Lilo, too. I think she's cute, just give her a lei and a little grass skirt !!!

Aloha from Hawaii

tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 4 May 2005 , 10:46pm
post #16 of 16

I agree with Flavurdfun! She looks like Lilo...who looks just like a little neighbor girl of ours. I totally wish you were here I'd have you make that exact same cake for her! She is such a cute little girl and your cake Totally reminds me of her. I think that you did a great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%