Lemon Confectioners'/powdered Sugar Where To Get For Cookies

Baking By ButtercreamCakeArtist Updated 19 Apr 2015 , 4:34am by nancycarlson

ButtercreamCakeArtist Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 3:00am
post #1 of 6

Hi! I got my hands on some lemon-flavored confectioners'/powdered sugar one year and have never seen it since. It came in a box, and I cannot remember what brand it was, but it seems like it was a good name brand??? I made some sugar cookies from the recipe on the box and then made a drizzle from it, too. I put the drizzle on the cookies after they were cooled. These were so good, and everyone loved them. I have not seen this sugar since. It has been probably 5 years ago. Does anyone know where to get this or if they still make it???? I want some icon_cry.gif

PS>>>if you've not heard of nor seen this, please post a reply saying that you haven't. I'm trying to get a good idea of how popular/unpopular/or possibly now non-existant this stuff is....thanx!

5 replies
JoAnnB Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 6:34am
post #2 of 6

It hink it was a temporary test item. you can add lemon extract to the icing and lemon zest (microplane) to the cookie.

redpanda Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 7:06am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist

Hi! I got my hands on some lemon-flavored confectioners'/powdered sugar one year and have never seen it since. It came in a box, and I cannot remember what brand it was, but it seems like it was a good name brand??? I made some sugar cookies from the recipe on the box and then made a drizzle from it, too. I put the drizzle on the cookies after they were cooled. These were so good, and everyone loved them. I have not seen this sugar since. It has been probably 5 years ago. Does anyone know where to get this or if they still make it???? I want some icon_cry.gif

I saw it a long time ago, and I am pretty sure it was Domino brand. I just checked their website, and while one of their recipe forums mentions it, they don't have it listed as one of their products any more.

RP

mrskennyprice Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 6

Yep, it was Domino. When I was looking for the product ingredients list for conf sugar (required for my product labels for the Dept of Ag) I saw a question posted about where this item could be found but they stated they no longer make it.

Alternatively, you could whizz gran sugar and lemon zest in a food processor - i've done that for 'lemon' sugar cookies.

cryssi Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 6

I've never heard of it, but I made something similar for a copycat lemon coolers recipe. You mix powdered sugar with powdered lemonade mix...I think Koolaid unsweetnened. Let me look for the recipe. Very zesty - perfect for lemon coolers!

nancycarlson Posted 19 Apr 2015 , 4:34am
post #6 of 6

Domino's does not make the flavored sugar anymore.

I just did a search because I wanted to make a copycat

lemon cooler..Here is what I came up with. Like Cryssi

says above: mix powdered sugar with lemon flavored

kool-aid.  But, I don't like the idea of yellow food coloring.

She also mentions lemonade mix. Someone on another

blog posted she used powdered sugar mixed w/lemon jello.

Someone even mentioned crushing up lemon candy. 

The closest and best idea I saw was Lemon Juice Powder

from King Arthur Flour. Here:  http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/lemon-juice-fruit-powder-6-oz

Also I found the same sort of thing here at Fairies Finest Extracts:

http://www.faeriesfinest.com/powders.html  They seem to have 

a ton of great powder flavors, but they are more pricey then

King Arthur Flour....  So hope that helps even though I am 

years late........LOL

N.K.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%