Help, Need Some Input On My First Wedding Cake!

Decorating By lfkeller Updated 9 Aug 2007 , 4:07pm by lfkeller

lfkeller Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lfkeller Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 11:46am
post #1 of 5

I am doing a wedding cake for the first time (as a favor/gift) for a couple at our church. I am very new at cake decorating so I told them not to expect much.

I had it all planned out. It is a stacked cake of 3 layers. I was told the topper was silver hearts. I was going to ice it all in white, do white pearls as the border for all 3 cakes and put red roses with green leaves.

They just gave me the topper lastnight. It is a Wilton bouquet of white roses. Now what do I do, using red roses wouldn't look right, it would contrast too much don't you think. If I do white roses, then the cake would be entirely white, except for the little bit of green in the topper and maybe the leaves of the roses. Will an entirely white cake be too, I don't know, white/plain?

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 12:55pm
post #2 of 5

I estimate that 85% of the nearly 100 wedding cakes a year I do are completely white. It's a classic look.

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 5

All white isn't too bad. A lot of people use all white in their wedding cake. If you still want the red, how about using red ribbon at the bottom? Is it possible to intersperse the red roses with the white roses on the topper? I'm you can work around it. Goodluck!!

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 3:06pm
post #4 of 5

I would do all white............it's a classy, elegant look.........

lfkeller Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lfkeller Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:07pm
post #5 of 5

Alright, all white it is! Should I put green leaves on it or just not do leaves at all?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%