I Baked My Loopy Bow..

Decorating By FromScratch Updated 28 Aug 2007 , 3:25pm by Mchelle

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 3:36am
post #1 of 10

Well I knew it would happen eventually.. I made a loopy bow.. and a nice one at that.. it was so much better that the first attempt I made last night. (Yes.. I did it TWICE).. So today I was making chocolate chip cookies.. I put the oven on.. you know.. the usual.. flash back to earlier today when I put the pieces of my loopy bow into the oven because my kiddos were poking at them and the instant thought that I was going to cook them.. ugh..

This is a free cake too.. icon_cry.gif

So I made more gumpaste while cooking a BUNCH of crap for a dinner with friends tonight.. and am in the middle of making new loops..

No need to respond really.. I just had to put it out there.. my first disaster..

9 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 6:42am
post #2 of 10

Ugh, I fear that every time I dry something in the oven! Well, third time's a charm??

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 7:11am
post #3 of 10

Good luck!! I hope it turns out well!! icon_smile.gif

KakesandKids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakesandKids Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 1:41pm
post #4 of 10

I always forget if I put something in the oven so now everytime I do it i place a bright colored post it not on the button that turns it on reminding myself of whats in there! So far I haven't made that mistake again....at the shop or at home.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 2:32pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KakesandKids

I always forget if I put something in the oven so now everytime I do it i place a bright colored post it not on the button that turns it on reminding myself of whats in there! So far I haven't made that mistake again....at the shop or at home.

That's it! I'm buying bright pink posties on the way home tonight! I usually know when something is stored in the oven, but not the rest of the family.

bethandgirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethandgirls Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 10

was on a plastic tray in my oven - it was in there to protect it from little fingers. Turned the oven on to pre-heat for lunch and then remembered the house - what a mess - melting plastic all over my oven racks and the bottom of the oven!!! icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:05pm
post #7 of 10

Awww I am so sorry that happened to you.....things just happen icon_sad.gif and I would definately cry about that one because they take so long to make! ((((((((((hugs))))))))) from Kentucky

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 9:20pm
post #8 of 10

Can I just say:

YES YES YES POST IT NOTES EVERYONE!!!! GET THEM NOW!!

I just ALMOST baked my fondant figure in the oven when I was about to turn it on to preheat for a cake. TOTALLY would have forgotten about my work in the oven. A post it note just saved the day.

WHEW! thumbs_up.gif

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 3:10pm
post #9 of 10

OH MY!!! lol...i had to laugh a little b/c i kinda did the same thing...i made some fondant flowers and put them in the oven so they were out of the way and no one would bump them or anything...then Saturday morning went to turn on the oven to bake the cake i was going to put the flowers on...ladeeda...mixing the batter away...pour the batter into the pans...open the oven and there are my flowers icon_eek.gif ...well now i know what a cooked fondant flower looks like icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 28 Aug 2007 , 3:25pm
post #10 of 10

Yes, this happened to me too. I can most definately identify.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%