Can You Remove Stains On Plastic Cake Plates?

Decorating By SweetCreations Updated 8 Jul 2005 , 8:21pm by diane

SweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreations Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 6

Hey Ya'll,
I have recently hit a cake makers gold. icon_biggrin.gif I traded a few cakes for too much to list but in a short list I ended up with a color flo fountain, 40 cake pans, 3-d pans (complete sets too icon_lol.gif ) tons of tips, 3 sets of stairways and a load of Plastic plates, pillars & angels that I told her that most likely I would have to toss in the trash b/c it has yellowed. Is there any way before I throw them away that they can be saved? I dont want to add them to my inventory & store them if I can't use them but I also know that bleach will yellow plastic. Any Ideas? I just hate to see them go to waste.
Thanks for your help!
~Sweet~ icon_rolleyes.gif

5 replies
justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 6

Try soaking in white vinegar or bleach (if vinegar does not work). The wash really good afterward. This should work I have seen other people recommened this.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 4:55pm
post #3 of 6

Oh No!!! Don't throw the yellowed seperater plates out!!!

Put them outside in direct Sunlight for a few hours and they should come back to white!!!

niki_10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niki_10 Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 6

Peroxide is also a bleach (that's what they use to lighten hair, only it's in more concentrated forms than what you have at home. I used to work in a salon. )

SweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreations Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 6

Omg Thank You all So MUCH! Yayyyyyyy I didnt want to throw the colums and plates out. I am willing to try anything! =0) Wooooooooo Hooooooo This is why I luv Ya'll!
~Sweet~ =0)

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 8:21pm
post #6 of 6

i didn't know direct sunlight would work?? i have tons of those plates that were given to me and most of them are pretty old.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%