Fbct Question

Decorating By babygreen Updated 5 Oct 2006 , 4:37am by Tkeys

babygreen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babygreen Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 12:45am
post #1 of 10

What is the best icing to use to outline a transfer? how long does it need to stay in the freezer before i can use it?
TIA!!!

9 replies
rhondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhondie Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 1:06am
post #2 of 10

Buttercream icing works great! And for time in the freezeer, depends on size and thickness. My small fbcts only take about 15 min. Have fun!

babygreen Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 1:30am
post #3 of 10

thanks rhondie! anyone else?

jjs1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjs1227 Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 1:38am
post #4 of 10

I use the fbct recipie off this site it worked great for the outline i but just put the outline in the freezer i thought it was easier to fill in with harder edges. I dont know if anyone else does it that way but I thought it worked icon_smile.gif

babygreen Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 10

Would anyone say if that is easier? I've read the how to article on how to fbct and she mentioned a specific icing for the outline but I've never heard of that brand. Does anyone know where I can find it or tell me if the premade color icing from Wilton is good to use?
Thanks!

dish1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dish1971 Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 5:02pm
post #6 of 10

I used my own buttercream recipe and added dark cocoa powder to make it also jet black. It tastes great.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 5:06pm
post #7 of 10

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1602-ButterCream-Icing-for-Frozen-Transfers.html

I use this everytime and have never had any trouble it works perfectly.......here's a transfer I did using this icing...it works very well!!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=KHalstead&cat=0&pos=1

Tkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tkeys Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 3:43am
post #8 of 10

I use my regular buttercream icing and have no problems with it. I usually just pop it in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes and that has been long enough, even on the really thick designs.

fmandds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmandds Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 3:57am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygreen

Would anyone say if that is easier? I've read the how to article on how to fbct and she mentioned a specific icing for the outline but I've never heard of that brand. Does anyone know where I can find it or tell me if the premade color icing from Wilton is good to use?
Thanks!

The first FBCT I did I thought the same thing about the icing. I didn't know where I could purchased so I did a practice transfer with just the buttercream recipe and it worked great. I would do what everyone else is saying and just use a regular recipe with all butter.(It freezes) It'll be fine.

Here is my picture of my FBCT.
LL

Tkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tkeys Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 4:37am
post #10 of 10

The recipe I use is 1/2 butter and 1/2 shortening . . . . but it would work fine with an all shortening recipe. i'd be careful about using an all butter recipe, only because if it sits out at room temperature, it would melt easily, and there might be a greater tendency for the design to run together. But normal decorator recipes that are at least 1/2 and 1/2 should be fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%