Tell Me What You Think. Be Honest!

Decorating By fabfour Updated 11 Jul 2005 , 9:39pm by tcturtleshell

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 9:07pm
post #1 of 14

Last week the brides mother told me that they were having trouble finding a cake topper. I had told them in the beginning that I would try to do a flower arrangement out of fondant if they wanted. Well, last Friday she asked me to come up with something. This is the first time I've really done any kind of fondant/gumpaste flowers. All she said was daisies (white and lavendar). I've been working on this since this past Sat. Please tell me what you think. There are lavendar daisies and white daises, along with babys breath, leaves and clover, all made from MMF.

Missy
LL

13 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 14

I think it's very pretty .. you did a great job on it and that's my honest opinion icon_biggrin.gif

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 14

I think it's lovely....GOOD JOB!!!!
cakegal

APCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APCakes Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 14

I like the flowers, but maybe too much green? icon_smile.gif The clover looks a little too big. But otherwise, looks great!

eve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 14

OK since you asked... Just kidding !!! anyway, it's not bad ..
If it was me I would add more color OR make different types of flowers of the same color since she was very specific about the color. Is that Gumpaste ? I love gumpaste because they keep forever.
thanks for sharing..

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 9:30pm
post #6 of 14

Very pretty. Try putting some of the green on the other side and adding some more lavender flowers. You did a great job making the flowers.

Beebug123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beebug123 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 9:44pm
post #7 of 14

That looks like it was a lot of work. Great job icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe that luster dust stuff. You could paint it on to add more dimesion to the flowers and the leaves...

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 11:16pm
post #8 of 14

IMHO Beautiful!!! I think maybe add more green just to the bottom. From the looks of it, the top view I bet is even more beautiful. It looks so full.. I believe she will love it!! icon_biggrin.gif

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 2:23am
post #9 of 14

It's really beautiful--I admire your talent.

I don't really feel that I'm qualified to criticize since I don't know how to do gum paste flowers--but from my flower shop days--all I would suggest is adding a bit of green to the bottom. Not much and nothing heavy.

I also like the luster dust suggestion. That would look cool!

Overall its' a wonderful job!

Lisa

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 2:29am
post #10 of 14

I think it is awesome...I would add some more color to detract from the green and maybe fill in more (green) at the bottom...

It is beautiful as is too...

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 2:58am
post #11 of 14

Thanks everyone. The only dust I have is super pearl dust. Is that something I could use?

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 8:50pm
post #12 of 14

i would add more flowers and baby's breath, but you really did a good job. icon_lol.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 10 Jul 2005 , 8:53pm
post #13 of 14

cant you show the people those to see what they think???? tell them you are trying to get just the right color and such. I liked them too.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 Jul 2005 , 9:39pm
post #14 of 14

Very pretty! I would add leaves to the bottom & I think that might be enough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%