Caramel Crunch/pecan Meringue Cake

Baking By SUELA Updated 26 Oct 2013 , 9:48pm by ebby729

SUELA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUELA Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 12

In two of my local grocery stores (Loeb and Loblaws)they sell these caramel crunch cakes, that are made with layered pecan meringues filled with a thick dairy type cream filling and drizzled with caramel.

Am I being vague enough? lol

Does anyone have a recipe for this?

11 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 1:04am
post #2 of 12

It sounds so good, but I'm sorry I can't help you, never seen or had one. If no one replies on this just pm me and may be I can start to experiment in my kitchen. Boy, does that sound like a good seller!

SUELA Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 11:11am
post #3 of 12

Thanks, It's not so much the pecan meringue, but the cream filling that nothing in my books seems to compare to.

It is really good, fairly light and a nice light taste that is really full of flavour.

SUELA Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 11:23am
post #4 of 12

If you follow this link it shows a picture of it. It says whip cream, but the cream seemed thicker.

http://www.recipelink.com/mf/14/22423

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 11:49am
post #5 of 12

Try looking at www.recipezaar.com or www.recipegoldmine.com. The first one has almost every recipe you can think of and the second one has store and namebrand recipes on it. Hope you find it.

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 12:08pm
post #6 of 12

You might try checking these to see if you can identify it better...

http://www.ladycakes.com/Recipes/Fillings/fillings.htm

But I think the easiest thing would be to ask at the loblaws bakery and they'll be able to tell you what the filling is...

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 12:22pm
post #7 of 12

the recipe posted in a reply at that other site where the picture is sounds like it could be it with the exception of the orange cream. couldn't you simply substitute caramel for the orange?

SUELA Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 12:24pm
post #8 of 12

all4cake- I am having a blonde day, thanks for pointing that out to me! I was thinking along those lines anyway.

I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 12:33pm
post #9 of 12

thumbs_up.gif Good Deal!

SUELA Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 1:09pm
post #10 of 12

Just my follow up...

I used the recipe just left out anything orange and I made them round instead of rectangular....I ended up buying butterscotch topping instead, but it was a huge hit! I did 4 layers, but too thin, still yummy though.

I made it again last night for a bake sale today, but I did smaller ones that are about 4-5" round, 6 of them, although probably could have done 7. I also did a 9" one for the BF to take to work and did two layers instead of 4.

Really easy to do, super yummy, but very sticky to make.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 2:45am
post #11 of 12

thanks for the update

ebby729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebby729 Posted 26 Oct 2013 , 9:48pm
post #12 of 12

Hello--

This is a cake featured on an episode of 'Food Factory."  These cakes are made in Canada and as soon as I saw the episode I tracked down the company but found that they do not ship to the U.S.  I am also looking for the recipe for this cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%