Hello cookie makers!
Thank you for your patience this month (and pardon the typos)! There seemed to be so much support for having a "dual" theme this month, that I thought we'd give that a go. So, the October cookie club themes will be "Halloween" and "Cookies for a Cause." Cookies related to either theme are fair game.
Just to name a few (please let me know if there's a cause I've forgotten), October is Hispanic Heritage month, Learning Disabilitites Awareness month, Breast Cancer Awareness month, Cookie month (!!), Pizza month, Caramel month, E-card month, Pretzel month, and Family History month. October is also host to Children's Book week, Get Organized week, Fire Prevention week... and October also has some special days, like Boss's day, dessert day, mother-in-law day, and magic day.
Just to refresh your memory, here are the "guidelines" for the cookie club posts (from Cake_Princess' original post):
* The group decided that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). Meaning if you have a previous group of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme you cannot use it. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing.
* Please do not post monthly theme cookies to your personal album or cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired. The reason for this is that as a group we all decided each picture must be new and not previously uploaded to the Galleries. Seeing that we have no way of knowing when pictures were uploaded this will help to prevent any squabbles about people using previously uploaded pictures.
* You can use any medium to decorate your cookies - fondant, royal icing, butter cream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating. So no play doh!! Please let us know which medium you used to decorate your Cookies and any techniques that you used.
* Please post pictures in this thread (Do not create a separate thread for your pictures). Please only post a maximum of 3 pictures per person for the monthly theme. You may however use graphics programs to create ONE collage of different pictures/angles.
* In your post please let us know why you chose the design you did if the reason is not obvious. (For Example if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera relates to music).
Happy Baking, everyone! I cant wait to see the results!!
You certainly did your homework Bonnie. LOL....
At the school that I used to work at, I was known as the "holiday queen." I brought in treats for every holiday imaginable. My calendar is full of them!
great job tayesmama!
Do you have a cutter that shape or did you create your own?
Very pretty ribbon cookies. I like how you outlined in gold.
Thanks mis and bonniebakes!
I made my own cutter. I got the idea to outline in gold from this shirt pin on the internet.
Nice cookies tayesmama!
I find it very ironic that mother-in-law day and Halloween are in the same month! Maybe I can do a cookie for both themes
Tayesmama, your ribbon cookies are really nice.
Bonnie, one last "cause"...in Miami-Dade County, this week is actually ESE Week (Special Education Week). I don't know if it is the same everywhere else.
I love your ribbons.
OK here it goes...I want yall to be honest with me and tell me what you think.
This is the first time that i have decorated cookies for real.
I did "kooky pumpkins" kitty kats" and ghost.
they are NFSC w/ Antonias cookie icing.
I must say that i had a blast doing them, and have discovered that i LOVE decorating cookies. It's SOOOOOO much FUN!! I was accually upset when i finished my last one cause i wanted to do more...lol so im sure i will be doing many many more cookies!! Im hooked what can I say...lol
The ribbons are beautiful and the halloween cookies are adorable. TiffTurtle, would you mind if I used your idea for the kooky pumpkins? I have to do treats for my son's class and these would be great! Cute faces!
not at all....i just got the idea out of a punch out book that i saw at the dollar store...lol
So how does the NFSC taste? Is it blah or does it taste really good?
I want something that is going to taste really good.
I like the NFSC--it is not a REAL sugary cookie but once you add the icing, it is a "balanced" taste. ANd I think they taste better after they sit for a few days. Add flavoring to intensify the flavor.
personally i like the NFSC undecorated..and so do my kids and hubby , they would rather have them w/o the icing...but i use almond in mine and not vanillia....i think it makes for a better flavor w/ the almond.
Tifturtle - your cookies are GREAT!!! SO CUTE!!
Thanks Bonnie....they are just so much fun , whish i had gotten into doing them before now..im sure imma cookie everyone to death now...lol
You both did a wonderful job. Taysmama, the gold really sets yours off.
TIffTurtle.your goofy faces are soo cute.
Now for a question What is NFSC?
No Fail Sugar Cookie dough
btw I use almond instead of vanillia i think it taste better .
Thanks I never would have figured it out today. My brain went on vacation without me.
lol...wish i was on vacation...even a mental one would be nice bout now...
I just heard it's also crime prevention month.
Cute pumpkins. Love their kooky faces.
Thanks mis...i just made 90 of them for today...lol i didnt think i would ever stop bagging cookies last night...
Tah-dah! Here's my cookies for Halloween. I really love the chocolate roll-out cookies, especially for these teddy bears (recipe is on this site). They are, L to R, a pumpkin, Franken-teddy, a mummy (NFSC w/fondant), and a ghost (choc. cookie w/fondant). All decorations that are not fondant are Alice's cookie icing. I have a few other costume designs in mind if I get some more 'play' time.
Aren't they the cutest little cookies. momsandraven!!It's hard to chose the "best costume", I think the pumpkin bear wins.
thanks mis! I made a whole bunch of Halloween cookies today, but these were my favorites so I decided to post them here instead of the gallery first.