Do You Decorate The Cake Table For A Wedding Shower?

Decorating By JaneK Updated 6 Aug 2007 , 12:27pm by fabfour

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 12:43am
post #1 of 10

I am making a cake for my future DIL's wedding shower next weekend...is it customary to decorate the cake table or do you just put it on the table with the food?
I haven't been to a wedding shower in just ages (long before I was into cakes!)

Thanks
Jane

9 replies
GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 12:49am
post #2 of 10

That's a good question. I will be doing a wedding shower for my daughter too. I was just going to do a cake. I'll be interested in what people have to say about this. Wouldn't want to do it wrong...lol! 8-(

cakekrayzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakekrayzie Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 12:51am
post #3 of 10

you know is rare that i deliver a cake, but when i do they have a table set up for the cake and when ever i throw a party since to me the cake and other desserts are key i always make a special table, but i think its just personal preference. hope this helps.

JaneK Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 12:57am
post #4 of 10

perhaps I will take some tulle along and some extra flowers in case there is nothing prepared...if there is, I'll just leave my stuff in the car..

I didn't know if it was bad etiquette to gussy up the table at something that I am not hosting....

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 1:36am
post #5 of 10

It is the hostess's responsibility to provide the decorations and the table set-ups for the food and cake. YOu might touch base ahead of time, since it's your future DIL, just to make sure that they've got everything covered. You don't want to come across as the meddling MIL so soon! icon_lol.gif

JaneK Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 2:01am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Quote:

You don't want to come across as the meddling MIL so soon!

icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif of course not!!!!

abi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abi Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:41am
post #7 of 10

I have seen the cake table with a flower arrangement to the side and it looks nice. It also looks nice on the pictures.

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:27am
post #8 of 10

I don't decorate the tables unless the bride asks me to and then I have an additional charge for that service. As far as showers I would also check with the hostess to see what seh has planned. icon_biggrin.gif

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 11:45am
post #9 of 10

I usually just ask them........ I mostly do showers, etc. for relatives or close friends, and they want the "stuff"..... but then I'm usually at the celebration, so I can just pack up the stuff and take it home....

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 12:27pm
post #10 of 10

Since it's your future DIL I would ask. Most of the time there is a seperate table for food and another for the cake. I only decorate the table if asked for the service because I charge extra. The extra charge is for tableclothes, flowers, candles, punch, plates, forks and cups.

Missy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%