Need Ideas For A Pooh Cake

Decorating By newbieinGA Updated 7 Jul 2005 , 7:49pm by newbieinGA

newbieinGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbieinGA Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 6

My son is having a small party for his first birthday on the 16th. I have chosen to do a pooh cake for him. since he loves pooh!

I don't want to do the usual wilton pooh pan. I was thinking maybe i could do a round cake, ice it white and put bees on it, put a honey colored border. I need to figure out how to incorporate the pooh image. what do you think?

any ideas, thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

thanks you all!

kirti

5 replies
susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 6

you could try doing the mini bear pan and decorat it like pooh and put it on top of the round cake.

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 6

which Pooh pan were you referring to? i used the stand-up Pooh on top of a sheet. You can see it in my photos. This was for my neighbor's baby's 1st birthday (a boy). I also saw a really neat cake somewhere called "Hundred Acre Wood"...I'll try to find the picture if I can.

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 6

Here it is...
LL

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 6

I read somewhere??? that you could buy a little stuffed pooh bear @ a dollar store and set him by the cake...

I think the small figurines are really cute on cakes too

newbieinGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbieinGA Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 7:49pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Quote:

which Pooh pan were you referring to? i used the stand-up Pooh on top of a sheet. You can see it in my photos. This was for my neighbor's baby's 1st birthday (a boy). I also saw a really neat cake somewhere called "Hundred Acre Wood"...I'll try to find the picture if I can.

fytar, your pooh cake is fantastic! thanks for the idea. also the other cake pic that you posted is nice. looks very hard to do though! I am also baking my daughter's 6th birthday cake!!! Both my kids have their b'days 4 days apart!

thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%